OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 9

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh Marty........ love you, psycho or not. Although there were a few other people that deserved to be stabbed a bit more....

WOW, they suddenly started rushing this Joey/Aubrey/Cutter business. Joey figures things out and wisens up- because Cutter dropped that bomb so quickly? I'm wondering if they are speeding it up so they can finish the story "in time" of the end of the year... also sorry haters but I actually LIKE Aubrey!

Oh God... Wes.

• Members

I'm watching now and it's hilarious to see Joey figure things out because he still sounds like a damn idiot.

GAH One Life why'd you waste BK's talent and ruin the character...So pumped about these Nat and Marty scenes.

• Members

thats bc Clint told him NOTHING new today. This is all stuff that everyone and their mama already figured out and told him last year. When he asked Clint why didnt he tell him about what was on the flashdrive, I wanted to reach into the tv and slap him

• Members

Viki and Charlie's scene was very nice. I also liked Viki overhearing Clint say he was dying, I was not expecting anyone to hear that.

This Wes is not interesting at all.

When John called found Kelly, it was one of the few times he's shown real emotion.

Natalie is too dumb for words, when she saw Marty, she should have turned around and left instead of flaunting the evidence in her face.

• Members

See. I totally disagree (as you probably knew I would). Martalie > whatever that mess with Kelly was, on so many levels IMHO. Gina T. even admitted how hard that was to play because the two characters really have no history (which is bizarre when you think about it considering Blair has been such a significant component in both characters' histories), while Martalie's history supported their scenes. Honestly, I do think Gina is a tremendous performer, but I think she made some poor acting choices. She played Kelly as intimindated from the minute she found Marty in John's apartment which made it hard to understand why Kelly didn't just leave. They keep trying to write Kelly as "fiesty" but she displayed none of that. She could have easily displayed anger and some fighting spirit up to a point and the dialogue would have supported it especially following her conversation with John where she declared she wasn't going to let that b!tch keep her away from him. While Melissa played Natalie as furious from the minute she saw Marty and with a head of steam built up that explained her confrontational attitude. Furthermore, Kelly has been joking about Marty boiling bunnies and already felt threatened. So playing scared from the beginning did make a little sense, but it didn't help to alleviate the stupidity of her refusing to just leave when told to. Natalie's lack of awareness of just how nuts Marty is (since no one has bothered to tell her Marty's running around threatening her and Liam and John played along with Marty's delusion that they're back together) added to her recent discovery of all Marty did to break up her and John made Natalie's behavior plausible.

Plus I loved the balance of the Martalie scenes, whereas Marty owned Kelly from the get go. Kelly was basically cowering from the beginning and Marty was taking pot shots at her about her sexual addiction and how John really didn't want her blah blah blah and Kelly was just taking it and apologizing. I love that Natalie was owning Marty right up to the point she saw the bloody knife and Marty admitted she'd sent Kelly to "be with God". Archer played that it suddenly "dawned on" Natalie just how dire the circumstances were right before the struggle ensued to perfection. But before that, Marty was pleading with Natalie "You have Brody and Liam, let me have John." So there was more give and take in their scenes. A back and forth that was missing from the lesser conflict.

The Kelly/Marty scenes were definitely OTT and amusing. The Martalie scenes were soapy goodness and moved the story. I guess it's all in your preferences.

And the Natalie and Marty fight continues tomorrow, so I think it gets better. Doubt there is synchronized banshee screaming, so if that's your particular poison you may still be disappointed, but there's drama to be seen.

• Members

Well, it was amusing. Susan brought her A game as always. I really grew to love Martalie because I began to see Marty as Lindsay to Natalie's Nora. As a Lindsay fan who always wanted her to triumph over Nora it was a weird juxtaposition for me but it allowed me to "love to hate" Marty where I previously only hated her. I really got her POV, while continuing to root for Natalie.

BTW. My Jarlie loving heart just had to say how much I appreciated Charlie leaving a message for Jared through Natalie via Viki. It's a shame Natalie and Charlie's relationship and shared loss was so neglected for so long. As much as there are Jolie fans who would like to pretend Natalie didn't really love Jared, she did. She married him and told him he was "the one she'd been waiting for." Jared loved Natalie not in spite of her flaws, but he embraced them as part of who she is. I miss him.

Archived