OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 9

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know what you mean and I agree....I was wondering the same thing, as well as how Wes didnt' notice that he wasn't "one of the guys" when he was changing clothes or using the bathroom. Even for a soap opera this is a stretch.....

At least each of Viki's alters have/had a specific purpose which lead to their creation (borrowed from Wikipedia):

Nicole "Niki" Smith - a devil-may-care, sexually promiscuous party girl, approximately the same age as Viki. Niki has appeared more times than all of the other alters combined, and is very skilled at masquerading as Viki when necessary to hide her re-emergence. Niki has had two serious relationships with Vinny Wolek and Harry O'Neill, neither of whom realized at the time that Niki was an alter of Viki.

Tommy - A teenage male alter emerged in 1995, who embodied Viki's anger and rage at her abuse. Tommy usually emerged to protect Princess (another alternate personality), and once threw Dorian Lord down the Llanfair staircase.

Jean Randolph - Jean Randolph is the calm, cool, collected and calculating caretaker of all the other alters, who took over when Viki's abusive childhood was revealed. Her name is derived from that of Viki's mother, Eugenia Randolph Lord. Jean blackmailed con man David Vickers into divorcing Viki's sister, Tina, and also freed Viki's son, Joey, from Dorian Lord's clutches by imprisoning Dorian in a secret room in the basement of Llanfair, which led Joey to believe that Dorian left him. Jean then forced Dorian to marry David to keep them both occupied and away from Viki's loved ones.

Princess - a manifestation of Viki as a seven year old girl. She is a traumatized child who is constantly reliving the molestation by Viki's father.

Tori - Tori emerged in 1995 and after Dorian revealed the truth of Victor's abuse to Viki. It was established that Tori was the alter who murdered Victor Lord in 1976. (It would later be revealed that Victor survived and did not die until 2003. However Dorian has planted a seed of doubt regarding that notion, suggesting that the man who re-emerged as Victor in 2003 was a fraud.) Although her declared mission was to force Viki to face the truth, she wreaked much destruction before getting around to that. Tori started undermining The Banner by feeding stories and information to rival newspaper editor Todd Manning, and she torched Llanfair, nearly killing Jessica in the blaze.

Victor Lord - This personality is the image of her father within Viki. Very often, sexual abuse victims who develop alternate personalities develop a personality to reflect their abuser. The Victor Lord personality only emerged two or three times, but one of the instances that he took over led Viki to attempt suicide by cutting her own wrists to "expel" Victor from her body.

• Members

Did Jessica ever even meet Wes? Brody said he told her stories about him. It makes no sense that she would split into someone she doesnt know personally. The only reason they went there if bc his name rhymes with Tess

Echo's haircut is awful. Always love Dorian verbally smacking her down

• Members

Natalie: "Where's Kelly"

Marty: "With God, I would think" :lol:

Marty makes for a MUCH more entertaining crazy than Jessica

John BETTER bare some responsibility for what happened to Kelly and what will happen to Nat and/or Marty if either gets hurt on the roof. The only reason Marty got an early release from St. Anne's is bc he wanted to spite Natalie and he didnt give a damn. He better feel guilty for his indirect role in the damage she has caused

I really hate that Marty has gone through so much trouble to gut Kelly up and now try to kill Natalie instead of stabbing John, the man who hurt her. I think I would have preferred the story if her focus of revenge was centered on him instead, showing him that you cant mess with a woman's heart, dump her and let that be okay. She's wasting her time fighting his hos when really she should have gone after him.

• Members

Wait til Cutter sees all that pee on the bathroom floor from Wes trying to piss standing up. I was SO waiting for the "Holy [!@#$%^&*]! Wheres my #!$&??" scream from the bathroom.

I am not trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it sort of felt like somebody pressed fast forward and they covered a lot of ground today. Clint and Viki are so endgame. FINALLY Joey knows the truth and he should angry screw Aubrey one last time before blowing her outta the water. Rama and Cris scenes at the bar seem so incredibly useless. You know it is saying something when even Destiny gets meatier bi-weekly appearances.

Marty what are we gonna do with you girl?

• Members

they should turn her into a serial killer and have her get rid of a bunch of unnecesary characters leading up to finale. This could be her potential victim list

Nate

Ford

Inez

James

Deana

Aubrey

Cutter

Messica

Echo

John

David

• Members

I like your list though I would spare Deanna and John... and Echo though I cannot shake the image of her roasting on a spit.

Charlie Charlie... this show did his character so wrong. I liked him and hoped for a happier ending. He left on an off-himself in a hotel room kinda beat. :(

Archived