AMC - Suggestions for AMC under Broderick

• Members

If this latest rumor is to be believe, AMC has been saved from the gallows and Lorraine Broderick is the new head writer. In the other thread a lot of people mention what they like don't like about her writing, so I decided to make this suggestion thread. With some limits and assumption:

1.)You have a year. Let's not get into long winded fan-fic pitches that would go on for five years. We have a year to make a difference.

2.)You can let go of or bring back only two characters. Not let go of two and bring back two. You have only two.

3.)You can suggest three story pitches.

So there. Let's hear it!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1) I'm easy. I just want her to write with more heart, depth, and layers than anyone has in years. We already know that she knows the history of the show, now I need her to use that history to tell real stories, rather than just using that history to move along plot points. I don't really care storyline wise what she does, as long as I recognize the characters on screen and their interactions with one another.

2) I would bring back Vanessa and Trey.

3) Um okay:

A) Vanessa is behind Erica's upcoming arc, with Trey as her henchman. The whole town must rally together to find Erica, and stop Vanessa. Whom slips away at the very last minute.

B ) I'd like to see the Miranda Center used. Maybe have an abused child come in, and through an exam at PVH maybe David, the Hubbards, Jake, Cara, etc. get alerted to this kid, and a huge arc ensues where they have to get this child from his abusive life and into one of their homes.

C) I'd love to see more skin, and I'd love a hot affair where it's just sex, and the two characters significant others have NO idea.

• Members

~ Binks/Reese and Marissa/JR custody battles. Binks/Marissa happens. As does Reese/JR.

~ Erica is kidnapped (

) and fights her way home, having some colorful/dramatic/comedic experiences along the way (like The Fugitive).

~ Spend the entire year -- the entire year -- writing this Hubbard story with every single nuance that it would naturally and realistically call for (were this a natural and realistic situation).

• Members

I would bring back Skye and Adam Chandler. Skye returns with more of a jagged edge than ever. She has no time for JR or Colby and she and JR soon start a bitter fight for control of Chandler Enterprises. Adam returns long enough to tell them he is giving control of the company to a big mogul, Jerome Preston, and has left his kids enough to live on. He has also sold the Preston family the mansion. Adam has one last blowout with his children. Colby doesn't care, JR is furious but in the end makes peace with his father, but Skye can't forgive or forget.

Skye falls off the wagon, again, but after some treatment, decides to worm her way into the very blended family. Living with Jerome is his younger boyfriend, Paul, who often feels left out, his estranged wife, Carrie, who is a gatekeeper and veers between hating him and loving him, and his kids, a daughter named Cheryl who is Greenlee and Kendall's age, who makes up for insecurities through business, and a son, Steven, a few years out of college, who rarely leaves his bubble and dismisses most people with bitter sarcasm.

JR begins an affair with Cheryl while battling his revived feelings for Kendall, who has begun flirting with him after years of distance to make up for her boring relationship with Griffin. He's torn between helping Cheryl destroy Fusion and helping Kendall. Steven and Natalia begin dating, which causes some tension with the other Hubbards due to his attitude and classism. Skye, meanwhile, manages to get a job at the company, and works to drive a wedge between Jerome and his old and new partners. She begins an affair with Jerome, as his boyfriend turns his attention to Ryan. Ryan is initially irritated and then very angry but can't deny that he feels something, and they start a secret affair. Carrie, meanwhile, is fascinated by Erica and Erica is flattered, but isn't quite sure why. She doesn't realize Carrie is a poor cousin on Mona's side who grew up resenting Erica and who battles dreams of taking Erica's life, her relationships with her daughters, and Jack.

Angie begins to piece together more and more of the truth, and her suspicions are finally confirmed by Jesse. Angie forces him to tell all and he leaves his job on the police force, eventually opening up a PI business with Tad. Angie files for a separation, and throws herself into a busy work and social life since she feels her last chance is gone. She meets a handsome stranger one night at a club. She begins to succumb to his charms, not realizing the ties he has to her late father, Les Baxter.

• Members

Bring Kendall back to her roots! Give her a S/L where she's fierce, independent, driven, bitchy, all rolled into one. Portray her as the powerful, spitfire cosmetics corporation mogul who juggles that along with struggling (but getting better) with each day to get past her husband & taking care of her two kids (age them a bit). I'm ok if she continues on with the relationship with Griffin, but still take it slow & steady and don't make any big moves with them yet. Either that or have them just stay friends and let Kendall be single! Ignore her love life for a while and focus on the other things in her life, mainly work/family/friendships.

Let Erica marry Jackson & then have her pitch a reality show revolving around her family! I just think a reality show surrounding Erica Kane's life would be amazing & different! Erica should buy a new house/mansion & invite Kendall, Bianca, & their kids to live with her & Jackson.

I'd let go of Ryan and bring back Leo. Have Ryan die from a brain tumor relating from when Hannah shot him in the head. Let Greenlee grieve for a while and have her turn to David for comfort. Hire Greg Vaughan in the role of Leo & have the character bust into Greenlee & David's lives as they are falling back in love with each other.

• Members

Victoria Rowell.

It's now or never.

She can fit in in any number of ways. Of course folks have already fan-fic'd the Onyx Kane thing. But love it or hate it, Jesse and Angie are getting a lot of buzz right now and I'd tie her to them, seizing the opportunity to make AMC a black soap opera powerhouse once again. Maybe she's Teddy's wife and she and a stunt cast Teddy (Reginald Vel Johnson, *DEAD*, j/k) come to town to comfort Angie when all the doo-doo hits the fan. VR's character is a rock for Angie and very critical of Jesse's actions, meanwhile, while Teddy's off being *special* somewhere, VR's character is making jailhouse visits to Jesse and pressing her titties against the glass. Okay, maybe not that. Point is, Victoria Rowell is great, verbal showdowns between her and blind, baby holding Debbi would be epic ("Girl, give me that baby so I can smack the sense and sight back into your self-righteous ass."), just stop being stupid AMC and win back the black audience that even Y&R has alienated. That could also mean a Dru-like Frankie/Randi spoiler, offering Shannon Kane the moon, getting serious with her and Brot... Pipe dreams aside, you asked for *my* suggestion.

Archived