AMC - Suggestions for AMC under Broderick

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honey, Broderick worked with Agnes Nixon and Wisner Washam on this show when it was something to brag about. She doesn't need to follow any of Marland's rules... because Marland, for all of his saintly virtues, let Martha Byrne be his "muse" on ATWT. The last thing we need to have is another head writer fixated on an actor while writing stories.

• Members

While I am NOT disagreeing with you that Greenlee was the absolute worst thing to happen to David (which became one of the biggest pieces of crow I've ever had to eat as an AMC fan), she didn't destroy him. She definitely damaged him, but to your other point, getting him out of that and into an ideal situation with someone like Liza works wonders. I, for one, never believed David was in love with Greenlee. He loves her -- like a sister or even a daughter, but never loved her as a soulmate. I could believe he thought he loved KWAK more than I could believe he loved Greenlee. Simply because KWAK was a link to Babe -- and it wasn't even about Babe. Babe was simply his placeholder for Leora. As uncomfortable as it sounds, I think that is what Greenlee was, if anything. Another version of Leora.

• Members

But I Iiked her and David.I didn't love it but I liked them. It's just maybe Lorraine was under orders that Rylee was end game and had to leave it possible for the new HWs to write the drama. dry.gif

But I agree now, that David couldn't have loved Greenlee, that's as believeable as JR loving Marissa.. so yeh it would make sense that he saw her as the void left by Leo/Leora.

• Members

*I know this seems long...But it would all play out easily over one year. Numer 1 would be the primary story for the year, with 2 and 3 playing out as respective supporting stories....Character returns included in synopsis*

1.) Bring back Skye Chandler. Have her swoop back into town with signed papers from daddy. She's got the company AND the house. She promptly resumes her spot in Pine Valley as most of the citizens dread what will follow with her return. Daddy Chandler wants her to turn Chandler Enterprises around. Take it from a successful, old school company, to something modern, current, and splashy. Skye readily agrees, on one condition: She gets the house!

Skye announces that she will be launching a spectacular new clothes and cosmetics line through Chandler. Kendall comes to Skye and asks her not to do, fearing it could end Fusion. Skye considers backing down, but isn't quite sure what is in it for her. Erica confronts Skye and threatens her, telling her she will regret it if she moves forward with the cosmetics line. Erica does some digging and discovers that in 2010, Skye broke in and stole millions of dollars from dead-mobster, and babydaddy, Lorenzo Alcazar's bank account. When Erica cements the proof, Skye goes out with a vegenance. Unable to produce anything new on Erica herself, Skye goes after her children. When Skye discovers that Greenlee has been keeping a comatose Leo tuckd away for years, she goes to Erica and threatens to expose the secret. Erica doesn't see at first how this will harm Greenlee. Skye tells Erica that Greenlee has known all along that Leo is alive. Because Leo was proclaimed dead, Greenlee collected a life support check. Because Skye can prove that Greenlee knew all along that Leo was alive, Greenlee could face felony charges for fraud, and serve time. Erica backs off, knowing from experience that losing everything would be better than prison.

Skye proceeds with her cosmetics company, and quicky hires various PV residents to work at it (specifically who, determined later). The company, aptly titled "Bond" debuts huge, and puts serious pressure on Fusion. After only a couple of months, Fusion prepares to close its doors forever. Kendall becomes extremely upset and isolates herself from everyone, including Griffin. Wishing he could help her, Griffin gets drunk. Skye finds him intoxicated and takes advantage of the situation, sleeping with him. When Kendall sneaks into Griffin's hotel room and sees him in bed with Skye, she flies off the deep end. She begins secretly spiking Skye's drinks, therefore sending her spiraling off the wagin, even though Skye doesn't realize it.

Lots of drama would ensue. Skye's rising alcoholism would affect her ability to run the company, and eventually JR would step in and help her...Both out of sympathy and seeing how he could gain from it. This would go on for a while, till the big reveals came. Skye discovers Kendall is spiking her drinks and confronts her, after a huge binge. In a drunken rampage, she shouts out what she knows about Greenlee and Leo. Greenlee and Kendall are both arrested, and Erica goes out for serious vengence. Will she be blamed when someone shoves Skye down the stairs, landing her in the hospital with serious head trama?

2) Angie is thrilled to be raising her child. She forms a unique bond with the baby and is thrilled to be a mother again. We would see months of Angie growing attached to the child, while Jesse watches in guilt. Jess feels sick over what he has done, and one night as he is out on a long drive, he becomes emotional and crashes his car. Hospitalized with a serious back injury, Jesse becomes addicted to painkillers. Not only do they ease his back-pain, but they numb his mind to the guilt he is feeling. Jesse, due to the drugs and the guilt, begins distancing himself from Angie. Angie undergoes an experimental surgery that slowly gives her eyesight back. As she recovers, she realizes something has changed in Jesse and fears their marriage is over. The two decide to temporarily separate, each thinking it is what the other wants. However, when Angie eventually discovers that Jesse has become addicted to drugs, she rushes to help him. She finds him in his apartment slumped over, and fears he has Overdosed. In a panic, they rush to the hospital where the baby is kidnapped by a mentally deranged woman in the waiting room. Jesse is checked into rehab. Angie decides to stand by him, splitting her time between his recovery and searching from the baby. Eventually, they find the baby at a small hospital outside of town, where it has fallen ill. When Angie looks at the babies charts, she realizes it cannot be her biological child due to non-matching blood types. She confides this in Jesse, who admits everything. Angie runs out in tears, and Jesse begins drinking, sending him off the wagon. Angie agrees to help him through once more, though she isn't sure she can forgive him. They keep the info to themselves, and she forgives Jesse eventually once he has been clean.

However, eventually, the information comes out that the baby is not Angie and Jesse's. Jesse faces criminal charges, as Angie fights hard to be able to keep the child she calls her own.

3) After the meess with Skye, "Bond" is more popular than ever. The publicity has humiliated Skye, but done wonders for the brand. Skye is eventually able to pull herself together, and she teams up with JR to continue running the company. However, just as they begin to get back on their feet, Hayley Vaughan (in the form of Nicole Forrester) returns to town. She brings her gossipy talk show with her and begins a trashy, scandalous expose on Skye Chandler Quartermaine. As she brings to light everything Skye has done in the past, backlash ensues. While the original scandal brought fame to the company, the things Hayley reveals paint Skye in a criminal light. The public turns against Skye, and the Chandler brand begins to suffer. Skye and JR stick together in an effort to keep the company strong, but it seems to be fleeting. Eventually, Hayley is shot and hospitalized. She appears to die in the hospital. Skye and JR both become leading suspects in their sisters murder, but in reality neither of them shot her and Hayley isn't dead. She has been swept away by her real shooter...But will anyone discover who the real shooter is, and thay Hayley is alive before Skye and JR are convicted?

• Members

I am so against Skye running Chandler. WRCW I get, or Tempo, but Chandler was never meant for Skye. Adam Jr. was always the next one in line. And I don't want to see JR trying to kill Skye, so no.:lol:

But I would love that Skye hitting a bottle and JR & Scott being there for her. As she is family while she builds herself back up.

• Members

I see what you're saying, but I'd love to see it happen. JR wants Chandler so badly, so obviously he is PISSED when daddy sends Skye to run the company. Initially he hates Skye and is out for vengeance...But, when she is vulnerable he begins to have sympathy. BUT, he is also looking out for his best interest. Skye would be appreciative and they could stick together to form a GREAT, powerhouse, Chandler-running duo. I would kill for that.

Archived