AMC - Suggestions for AMC under Broderick

• Members

And then we rewrite again everything that was built back up w/ JR/Adam? too tough and confusing. I'd bring her back as someone going into booze, and becoming competition for Erica or Liza. This is why WRCW would make sense, Liza the lawyer is just a joke, she needs to get back into her field and having another bitch like recovering alcoholic Skye in her way, that's interesting. I can see Adam cutting her off, but JR in turn helping family. Like Adam did for Liza giving her a job, JR will do for Skye.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wouldn't be a rewrite so much....More of a last ditch effort. Adam wants Chandler to make a huge, gossipy, sccandalous SPLASH in the business world. He wants to get the name back out there. He wants to bring the name "Chandler Enterprises" into the 21st century. He knows no one does splashy, trashy, and scandalous better than his eldest!

Maybe it could be written as a temporary thing...Skye brought in to resurge the company, before she is supposed to hand the reigns to JR. (Of course she would OBVIOUSLY fight him hard for the company and resort to her old tricks, if written that the company had to go to JR...) But I'd still like to see it where Adam is ready to give up the company, but first he wants to bring it to the top. He "temporarily" gives it to Skye, planning to then hand it over to JR when Skye does her job. But Skye/JR form this powerhouse, badass team and decide to run Chandler together.

HOWEVER, I like your ideas too :)

• Members

Face it honey, the best scenario is Skye runing Chandler. Thats just a springboard for qutie a story and one Ive waned for a while. Hell no to Skye drinking again. I hated when GH ruined her sobriety after nearly 12 years

• Members

I totally agree. I really wish Byrne would shut her mouth sometimes about how important she thinks she was/is to Marland's writing at ATWT. She totally overestimates her importance. If Marland felt as strongly about her, he would have written the character out entirely when Byrne left the first time, instead of allowing a recast.

Everyone got a piece of the pie when Marland wrote for a show.

In retrospect, though I won't deny she is the definitive Lily, I don't think Byrne was as talented as many made her out to be, or the character of Lily was all that great, with or without Marland's writing.

I guess if anyone qualifies as Marland's muse, it would be Lisa Brown, but even she was never really the center *star* of the shows he wrote for.

Anyway, back on topic...

• Members

KC's Janet was a live action Disney villian. She was alright in small doses but I cant see her longterm. She's too one note and cartoonish for that. The last thing AMC needs is that type of nonsense if it wants to be taken seriously again

• Members

I'm not entirely sure of where or when, but I know I read somewhere his favorite actress was Jane Elliot, whom he worked with both at GH (Tracy Quartermaine) and GUIDING LIGHT (Carrie Todd Marler).

• Members

Face what? Skye drinking would explain her long hiatus, it can be explained as her family not keeping in touch, Adam cutting her off via Brooke, JR, Scott and her would bond over the fight for her sobriety. You hated when GH did it, but it'd make a hell of a lot more sense, alot more emmy material via Lorraine writing it.

• Members

I thought KC's Janet was never better than her last brief return when Lorraine Broderick was writing. For the first time, I felt like she - although unhinged - was a real human being, and not some cartoonish, scenery-chewing joke.

But like you, I thought Robin Mattson was gifted at making Janet viable longterm, an unstable person who alternated between psycho-villainess and a root-worthy woman always struggling to piece her shattered life back together... and Mattson could seem to pull this off no matter what turkey of storyline she was being handed. But Janet truly seemed to find her humanity and maternal instinct when Broderick began writing for her in 1995.

I think both KC and RM are equally adept at making Janet likeable in spite of her flaws. But the big distinction is that I find it hard to see KC's Janet as a threat or a villainess... while RM's version has the capability of being quite scary and threatening when she's pushed to her limits... I'd love to see Janet back in either form, but I agree: I would REALLY love to see Robin Mattson take another stab at it, with Broderick writing - particularly to see her with Amanda.

Archived