AMC - Suggestions for AMC under Broderick

• Members

explain what long hiatus? She was just on GH last summer. We know what's been going on with her. I dont see why she would all of a sudden be drinking again as she seemed relatively fine. She doesnt need to come back a miserable drunk in order to get Emmy material

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me Skye is generally a broken down character and I think Robin Christopher does well at that, whereas when Skye isn't broken down, she's OK, but also a bit forgetabble, which AMC already has enough of. I wouldn't want to see her as a constant drunk but I do think it would be a dramatic storyline for her return. I would bring David Canary back for one big final fight with Skye that would trigger it. I'd also like to see one last Stuart/Skye scene.

• Members

Almost but not quite. When Janet returned she had these headaches and she was rushed to the hospital. I thought Broderick was going to expand upon that and explain Janet's bizarre behavior as a side effect of some brain trauma. But Janet was whisked away back to Oak Haven and I dont think we ever got a clear explanation for her migraines. I think if they had gone the medical route and written her as being physically sick, then that would have gone a long way in making her more human. But instead all we ever get out of her is the cartoon nonsense. Granted Ive always found her entertaining in all her stints and I DO like KC, I just dont think her Janet has the longterm viability that RM does. I think she played a reformed (well relatively) Janet better. KC's Janet is better suited for comedy and quick entertainment hijinks

Or it could be that the show has had no desire to bring Skye back, hence it hasnt been done.

• Members

Skye could be the new Annie. Instead of going after the Chandlers though (cause that's sick...ewww) She should go after the Martin men. Including recasts of Jeff/Jamie/and Damon (unless LB could get Finn back. Cause I did enjoy him). Could you imagine her and Liza going up against each other? For Damon. Cause she does actually still want him even though what happened between her and Colby over it. 2 redheads in a catfight...Holy heck. That would be just freaking awesome. :wub:

And Skye trying to go after Tad again (They dated in the 80s) and throwing the fact that 'your marriage is a sham' in Cara's face after Amanda accidentally slips it to her while drunk. Then Cara makes it known to Tad she does love him and not to let Skye woo him away. :wub: And, they end up making passionate love in the mancave. B)

• Members

I think all the Chandler kids should collectively fall off the wagon at the same time.

I'm joking of course but it always struck me as odd that they made every single one of them an alcoholic. talk about unimmaginative writing.

• Members

I think the big mistake with Janet was having her become romantically involved with Trevor. That was their huge mistake. With crowbars and abandoned wells still fresh in viewers' minds, it was very tough to swallow Trevor falling in love with her, no matter how much they tried to redeem her and no matter how well Kiberd and Mattson tried to sell it. And with McT turning her into Happy Homemaker, it was just too much. Given how that all happened, I'd have much preferred that Francesca James had stuck with Behr's decision to retire the character. I was all for redemption and having her become a rootable character, but not with the path she finanlly took.

Collins was great as Janet for comedic and camp value. She was a real hoot, but Mattson really gave the character some heart and depth. I'd love to have either one back on a full-time basis, but having her kill Trevor essentially killed any possibility of any further redemption for the character.

• Members

Colby isnt an alcholic. They teased it, but she never became one

Speaking of all the kids being that, what was funny is that when Skye found out she was adopted and a Quartermaine, her siblings and father were also substance abusers. AJ, an alcholic with Alan and Emily drug users

I dont think she. She was clearly mentally ill. She didnt even have any grasp on the fact that she did kill him. In her mind, she cryogenically froze him and was going to thaw him out when he had a chance to cool down. She said it wasnther fault, they improperly defrosted him before he was ready. I really dont feel this is something thats held against the character. At least I dont have a problem with her bc of it. If she had killed him in cold blood and while she was lucid, then that might be a different story

• Members

I wasn't sure about Colby but you are right, they definitely teased it and I think JR did drag her to a couple of AA meetings and she hasn't had a drink since. I don't think they could be bothered to write a proper alcoholic storyline for Colby (since it's Colby) but even those few scenes hinted at her having alcohol issues.

She sure knows how to pick 'em.

• Members

WORD! WORD! WORD! Two great performers, lousy story. I've said this many times before. There is no way Trevor would fall in love with Janet after what she did to Natalie. I suspend disbelief for rape victims falling in love with their rapists and babies getting switched at birth. But I just couldn't accept that Trevor would start a family with Janet.

• Members

Another suggestion: If they're going to keep Randi please explore her family a bit more, maybe it's just me but I wonder sometimes! Maybe bring in a sister of hers or something. Hire Adrianna Leon in the role, the sister could be hired by Kendall or Greenlee as a receptionist at Fusion (which that place desperately needs) & she won't realize her sister Randi works there until her first day at work. It can be revealed that they hate each other, & the sister can start hitting & pursuing Frankie to get on her nerves.

Archived