B&B: April Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm surprised to hear this. Dayzee really hasn't been shown much so I thought she had already met her quota of airtime. I wonder what will become of her and them if the spoilers of Thomas and Brooke are true.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The whole psychedelic special effects were pretty neat (for a soap) and hilarious.

I don't know if this was the first time, but I noticed today that they took the applause out of the opening. I've found it to be kind of jarring, especially in the middle of intense scenes/episodes. It was very effective to take it out for this episode. I actually think the opening sounds better, in general, without the applause.

• Members

Brooke & Thomas high off berrys!! laugh.gif Omg literally one of the most hilarious things I've ever witnessed watching. I really... kinda loved it. From the direction, to the music, to the bizarre effects. I could not stop laughing at Thomas & Brooke galloping around that beach having the time of their life. Thomas flipping around and wrustling with the seaweed laugh.gif

I found the CGI stuff really cool but highly embarrasing at the same time. I mean wow!! Once they stepped into that magical...I don't even know what that was...I started to cringe a little bit!! But it was so cool how they did that. I applaud the show for embracing CGI in that style!!

Ridge & Taylor inside that boat sailing around the ocean was pretty cool to, the background looked really realistic.

Steffy and Bill wub.gif loved them sitting down & talking. For once Bill wasn't being resistant or mean at all to her. It was really nice. Lol @ them missing seeing Thomas and Brooke running across the sand on that monitor. Aw that's to bad...

I noticed to! Maybe they listened to us! I remembered us discussing this a while back. I like the theme without the applause! I hope it's a permanent move...

ROTFL!! All of the close ups have been hilarious to me. Thomas eating his berry today, & also both of them taking little sips of their water in the cave a few episodes back.

• Members

I couldn't stop laughing and that's not a good thing, Brad... these are just a few reasons why this show is hitting record low ratings week after week. Don't forget this is a soap opera. When I saw all this madness, "Passions" came to my mind instantly.

If you're not going to step down, hire a ghostwriter or something...

• Members

This is the fourth story where Brooke was either raped or was somehow induced to have sex with someone she didn't intend to.

I guess Brad Bell gets off on this?

Bill Bell was the first soap writer to talk seriously about rape, not in ambiguous terms, but as a violation. Brad Bell has, yet again, trashed his father's legacy, for a cheap thrill.

I know Thomas was also induced by the berries and he didn't take advantage of her, I'm just lumping this in with the other sick stories Brad Bell has pushed on Brooke.

• Members

I don't really watch this show, but I tuned in to see the weirdness, and I thought this was pretty cool for a soap. They actually sort of represented semi correctly some of the tricks your eyes and mind do with light while tripping. I thought the whole thing was really cool, the flowers opening, his hysterical face while laughing on the ground and then the whole sense of euphoria conveyed. The truth is not as frolicky while you trip, but they had some ideas right. I think when the rainbow traveled across the sky (or something traveled across the sky anyway) I realized whoever wrote this sort of knows what they are talking about, because that is something entirely possible while tripping. Not a rainbow, but you could reflect light off a CD case for example, and watch as the light rises off it in a hallucination that is really just an enhancement of something you are actually seeing. I hope that made sense.

• Members

I totally see what you are saying!

And LMAO how could I forget to mention that rainbow. I died laughing when that stretched across the sky! laugh.gif

When Thomas and Brooke suddenly found themselves in that magical cave oasis land, wearing fresh new sarongs and everything, they looked like Adam and Eve laugh.gif I just realized this S/L is like Adam & Eve and the forbidden fruit!

• Members

That was a very bad acid trip, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. From the time Thomas started doing handstands and throwing seaweed, I was laughing out loud.

It was even funnier when Ridge said, "I can't even imagine what condition their in" and then it cut to the acid trip again.

Archived