B&B: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sarah Brown is off the show...WTF? I was surrpised to hear Nick say that they broke up and that she moved to the east coast. What a waste. I was hoping she'd at least get an exit. They should have made her gone psycho and leave with a bang

• Members

Wow that Aggie explanation was such CRAP! We didn't even get to see the break up between her & Nick, last scenes between her and Oliver, not anything...she just vanished. Poor Sarah Brown!

I'm not feeling Katie & Nick at all. Didn't care one bit when he put his hand on her chest and said "all scars heal"...I think that was supposed to be romantic/cute or something but I just..didn't care. I don't like him involved in this at all, I hate that it looks like this is becoming a quad...I'd rather this just stay a triangle, thanks.

I loved the ending with Bill kissing Katie & telling her he can't get her to trust him again if they're apart. I thought it was a beautiful/hot moment! Poor Steffy outside looking upset. LOL.

My gosh that last scene between Liam & Amber. WOW! Amber was very convincing, i've got to give her that...she was so sensual & smooth about it all. I found it gross though a little bit and I'm disappointed in Liam for eventually giving in!

• Members

LOL at SAggie's ignominous flush from L.A. Honestly, a clean departure is probably best. SAggie was so poorly written anyway. Giving her "closure" scenes would have made her seem more important than she ultimately was.

What is with Jack Wagner? He looks like he's had work done, but looks even more "weathered" to put it politely. And he always looks like he's wearing colored lip gloss.

Is AF preggo in real life? Her face is looking awfully full lately.

I did get a laugh at the "Brooke and Ridge" heart announcing that Ridge had decided to stay married. It was almost as big a smackdown as Taylor deserved.

I will say, I was glad Brooke stood her ground (for the most part) and didn't spend every second with Ridge sniveling for his forgiveness. It's as calm and rational as I've ever seen Brooke in the face of "losing" Ridge.

• Members

I watched Friday's show online. CURSES!!!!! The writers are so 'full circle' on the younger generation. Hope, like her mother, is the victim of a schemer who is working to keep her apart from the man she loves. In Brooke's case, the manipulator was subtle and falsely credited as a 'good girl'. Steffy, like her mother, hides in the shadows hoping to eventually get what she wants. It's creepy. You can imagine that if this show lasts a few years more, Steffy could be SORASed and follow her mother into the realm of the pathetic middle aged woman begging for the love of a man in love with a Logan woman.

The kid playing Hope? She was cute when she started, she's ADORABLE now. She reminds me very much of a young KKL and her acting was good before, she's even better now.

Irony? pricky nick gives Katie advice about healing scars in time after what he did to Bridget and then dumped her the first time she betrayed him? Unreal. I could see his rage if he'd always been faithful to Bridget, but he's hurt her so many times and she sacrificed her own happiness for his. He's worthless. I can't say that I hated having Bill hit Nick.

HA! Amber has to tell Liam to 'stop thinking altogether' in order to try to get him in bed. Speaks for itself. Amber is so gross, it's hard for me to believe that the writers think her seduction scenes work. They seem silly, IMO.

• Members

Brooke didn't run around scheming and plotting. She openly declared that she was going to "win back" Ridge after OTHERS plotted to tear them apart. Taylor was subtle in her manipulation, and the writers, to some degree, had her admit it when she told Stephanie that her relationship with Ridge would never have survived without her (Steph). When Brooke peeved taylor off she ran to Steph to have a sympathetic ear, right? (Because clearly she had no friends) Yet, each time she knew how far Steph would go to attack Brooke to force Ridge back in line and try to scare Brooke off.

It's no different than taylor leading on Blake (the man who abused her) to make Ridge jealous even going as far as to sleep with Blake.

It's no different than taylor manipulating Thorne into staying with her when she was pregnant, telling Macy she couldn't send Thorne back to her because she wasn't sure how she felt about him, yet. Macy BEGGED her to send Thorne back to her so she could save her marriage. Then she turned everything on Thorne and his own family attacked him. He did manipulate her at the END, the early manipulation was hers.

No different than having Grant lie about having known her in college when she was possibly fooling around with him while her sugar daddy (Blake) was paying for her education. (Brooke worked and put herself through school even when she dated Ridge - paid for her own car, too).

Taylor smiled in Stephanie's face and then sent Eric to tell her that there was no hope for a reconciliation and listened while Steph cried about it.

Hope is EXACTLY who young Brooke was. The writers had everyone call taylor a 'fine woman', but she was lying scheming piece of work. I think it's why taylor never became a central character (her presence doesn't positively effect the show's ratings and her absence doesn't negatively affect the show's ratings). She was never a well defined character but a plot device.

• Members

theres nothing subtle about Steffy. She remind me so much of Brooke following her marriage to Thorne when she flat out and told everyone that she was going to take Ridge despite him being married, much like Steffy did with Oliver and Hope's relationship. Brooke was presented as the seductress, schemer, and bad girl of the triangle, whereas Taylor was representing stability as she took on the good girl role. Steffy was the seductress, schemer and bad girl of the Oliver tiangle with Hope being the stable good girl.

• Members

That's exactly my point, Steffy is the bold and brash form of her mother. Brooke did everything in the open (much to the horror of fans at times). The writers called taylor the good girl, but they've also called this show a drama and claim that they've broken ground with some of their storylines. Taylor's actions would have been clearly identified for what they are on any other soap. There was never stability in the lives of anyone she became involved in. Taylor was cruel, disruptive, and the ultimate narcissist. Stephanie, who was also unstable, became her champion so we were supposed to overlook the damage taylor did to others.

• Members

I think it was clear from the way WJB wrote B&B early on, there never was meant to be any perfectly "good" characters and perfectly "bad" ones. Except maybe Caroline and even then she made questionable decisions based on her attraction to Ridge and her inability to shake that attraction.

All characters on B&B were painted with shades of grey, and Dr. Taylor Hayes was no exception. She was Caroline's sympathetic oncologist, it's true. But once Caroline died, she also made it her business to aggressively pursue Ridge, who was mourning. Nevermind that she was actually married herself! Brooke was also hoping that Ridge would turn to her eventually, but Taylor jumped in there with the backing of Stephanie who was ready to praise Tay-Tay to the high heavens to the detriment of Brooke. Not saying Taylor is "bad" for getting in there first, I'm saying that she happily got herself into a situation where she knew Ridge would spend their married life constantly torn between Brooke, and her and his mama. She allowed Stephanie to fight dirty on her behalf, she also proceeded to "diagnose" Brooke as a sex freak and psycho in an effort to get her rival out of the way. She even staged fake-ass "interventions" such as the debacle in Venie when Brooke was dating Thorne. Just last week she flew to Paris with Ridge in order to convince him that Brooke was a "sexual predator." Talk about Taylor abusing her position.

Brooke is no saint but she has never been painted as anything other than what she is. At times she can be vixenish and manipulative, at others she can have her head turned by male admirers (to her detriment) and confuse sex for True Wuv, at other times she can show enormous empathy for others. Witness the number of times she has forgiven Stephanie. However, there is one constant and that is that Brooke is fully wedded to the idea that she should be with her First Love. She has never wavered from the fact that Ridge is The One for her, much as I hate it. Taylor, too, cannot seem to let go of Ridiculous but she is very adept at covering her true intentions behind excuses like "This is for the good of the FAMILY," even using a bunch of remarriages and other relationships as cover.

• Members

100% agree with this, especially the bolded part. I thought that was the scene of the week, actually. Last week, Steffy and Bill were bringing the sizzle but on Friday, Katie and Bill were FIRE. That kiss Bill gave her was swoonworthy and the way he begged her to come back to him because "I cannot teach you to trust me again if you are not there." Nick is absolutely not needed. This triangle could power California on its own. I love that I cannot "choose" which is the better pairing. In a way, I am invested in both.

• Members

Omg Thomas was firing on all cylinders with Brooke today towards the end, it was so obvious he wanted her. And yet Brooke still played it soft!! SMDH. The clock is still ticking until these two pork...

The Amber/Liam scenes today were just creepy, nasty, & slightly hot all rolled into one! I feel bad for Liam!

Poor Steffy! Keep trying, girl!

EXACTLY how I feel about this.

Archived