What are your guilty pleasures?

dragonflies

• Members

Something you'd never admit to anyone but your SON buds about a show/movie.........etc you love

My guilty pleasures are that I love teen shows like iCarly, Victorious and Big Time Rush. I also love romance novels, most people look down on that too just like they do with soaps LOL

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Gregory Brothers "Autotune The News"

Spongebob Squarepants

Lady Gaga and Britney Spears. I'm a rock&roll/indie/alt music chick and if my real friends knew that I like to sing Gaga and Brit when I feel like a cheering up...They'd probably slander me. :lol:

Batman...Probably the silliest most campy TV show ever but I love it. And, no...Not just for Robin's get up either. :lol:

That's about it really.

• Members

TV: Judge Judy

Music: Cheesy 1980s pop. Yes, I have Rockwell and Dead or Alive. I will also sing along to the Beach Boys' Johnny Carson.

Food: I was raised in the rural deep south. I occasionally purchase pork rinds and Moon Pies.

Books: Lewis Grizzard. We differ (-ed; Grizzard's been dead 17 years) on political philosophy and he was quite sexist. At the same time, he was hilarious.

In general: I walk a weird line between cultured - I went to see The King's Speech at the first opportunity I could - and redneck, as should be obvious from the above. I'm not sure how that happened. Then again, Baltimorean Wallis Simpson was able to mingle with culture and snag the heir to the throne.

• Members

TV: Operation Repo & Bait Car. TruTV has re-runs of these shows plus new ones and I record ALL of them, even if they are ones that I've seen already I still watch. I just LOVE those shows, they make me happy. Does anyone else watch those shows? For some reason I remember someone here who had an OR avatar once...but I forget who.

dragonflies I watch iCarly faithfully as well, that show is just awesome. I can't get into Big Time Rush, those guys drive me nuts. I don't like what the Nickelodeon channel has turned into, I used to watch it all the time when I was younger. I miss shows like All That, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, The Wild Thornberrys, Kablam, The Amanda Show, Doug, CatDog, Rocket Power, etc....IDK if anyone remembers those shows but I do. I have nostalgia attacks just thinking about them! I scavenge around YouTube looking for clips of them all the time, LOL

I used to love Spongebob but for some reason I don't like any of the new episodes they make these days. To this day my favorite ep of Spongebob is "Pizza Delivery" where Spongebob & Squidward had to deliver that krusty krab pizza ;-P omg LOL I just love that episode.

• Members

My guilty pleasure? (and I sing along with it in the car)

I also LOVE feather boas. Since my last day working at the grocery store was March 19, I wore a green one to work for St. Pattys day... it was quite festive. :D

And sometimes I'll eat a fried spam sandwich...

• Members

I love Big Macs with french fries under the top bun, and a Coke to wash it down; I love reruns of Melrose Place, especially from Seasons 2 and 3, and maybe 4. I also pine for the day they release Models Inc on DVD, but for now I have to settle for the Spanish dubbed episodes on You Tube. I love men in cowboy boots - not hicks mind you. But to take your mind off that last one, grab your Big Mac and Coke and watch these lovely montages of Melrose Place, seasons 2 and 3!

Erik

• Members

Same here. It's not as good as it used to be. I remember the first episode so much though cause premiered the weekend of my 12th birthday and I was staying with my Grandma in N.C. at the time. I think that's why I like it so much. And, yes. The pizza epi is great. My fave though is the one where Spongebob thinks that someone is gonna kill him while he's working the graveyard shift at the Krusty Krab. Love the ending...Since I am a huge fan of the movie Nosferatu.

Oh, and another horrible guilty pleasure of mine. I dip almost all savory food in BBQ sauce. I have since I was a kid. Biscuits, pizza, chicken, fries, I even put it in mashed potatoes. Sick right?

• Members

Hannah Montana, iCarly, Big Time Rush, Zoey 101... i love them. Esp when they have all day marathons on the weekends and i am hungover, because i can fade in and out of sleep and not care much (i have to have the tv on to sleep). I have a obsession with late 90's pop and i subject all my friends to it. I love the worst cheap horror movies.

oh, and coors light. i hate that i love it so much, but i do.

• Members

Just thought of another one. Celebrity crushes. My first 2 were Mark Linn-Baker (Larry on Perfect Strangers) and Grant Shaud (Miles on Murphy Brown) when I was a wee little thing. Then came Conan O'Brien. Who I crushed on from the time I was 9 till I was like 16. Then Jeff Tweedy from Wilco. Till I was dumped by a dude that looked just like him. Then and still now Michael E. Knight, Michael J. Fox, and Fred Savage. (Adult Fred Savage..one hot piece) Oh and Burt Ward when he played Robin.

As you can tell...I really like the older dudes.

If I had to take my pick on which 2 I'd like to meet in person. It would be Conan and Mike Knight. Conan cause he's not attractive to me anymore but he's still hilariously funny and I am a fan. And, MEK cause he's single, grown, and sexy. I'd probably faint if I met him though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived