OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 7

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as I hate to, I have to agree. I love the guy but there was something vital missing from that performance. Honestly the best actor of the bunch was ML. BW did a decent job showing Jess' pain but you could tell she was setting the stage for the umpteenth return of Tess and MA...did the same thing she's always done. 'Nuff said.

Of course the writing was atrocious so there wasn't much for the actors to work with. Again, I'm glad SH/Marty wasn't involved in this. Everytime John mentioned Marty I was grateful that Susan was home that day, hanging with Thorsten and their kids.

• Members

I was very glad Marty wasn't included in any of the wedding debacle! I mean I'm glad John mentioned Marty. I think it had to be done

to give clarity and emphasis on what Marty was trying to tell him. And, I am firmly of the belief that Marty had nothing to do with

any baby switch tests. She would not hurt John in that way. There is still a relationship there. And, they have acknowledged the

loss of their baby. She wouldn't cast in his face the loss of Liam not being his. She was just trying to tell him the truth! Unlike

Natalie who still wants him to raise a baby that isn't his. Honestly, I hope he does not ever go back to Nat. There isn't trust there

for sure. And, they always end up this way. He can't trust her!

I love Michael Easton. He did a fine job today, adding layers to his performance. But, I, too, was expecting more out of the reveal.

I'm not sure what, but there was something missing.

• Members

I wonder did OLTL want to put a fork into John and Natalie as a couple? If they did her lying about a baby would be a great way to do it...

I'm not awed by what went on this week, and I wanted that. I think today was supposed to be intense, but part of my issue is we didn't see the guilt/the doubt, or the really happy times with the characters prior to revelations. When I see characters fighting and on the verge of breaking up I want to see the anguish, but also the love.

• Members

I will say this---for a few moments, ME looked almost lifelike.

I think it was a horrible decision to blow both secrets up at once. And the reveal has just dragged on and on. Taking like five episodes to get to the complete truth is ridiculous.

• Members

Just gonna say this in the OLTL thread since it's OLTL related. But, my best friend got married last week. And, we found out that the lady who did the wedding. Is....Farah Fath's mom!

My BFF told me that the lady's last name was Fath. And, I was like 'I wonder if that's Farah Fath from One Life's mother?' cause I am from the same town as Farah. And my friend contacted her again tonight, and asked her. And, she is! I met FF's mother. Holy bleeping crap! :mellow:

Probably the closest I will ever come to a six degrees type of thing with a soap star. :lol:

• Members

I used to hate Melissa Archer. Am I wrong or was she actually quite solid this week? (The tears actually looked real too- they always used glycerine for her because she could not do emotional scenes). I enjoyed her more than Bree (Bree never makes me feel anything, I don't understand it. "IM ACTING EVERYBODY!!!" It never seems real.

This show is freaking cooking and watchable, but I miss some nice, human moments. Its reaches Jerry Springer levels at times. Hopefully this Shane storyline will be done thoughtfully and resonate.

• Members

As an actress Bree is very fake - the only time in years I have felt emotions from her was during the "cage" scenes when Bess was trying to keep Tess from telling Jessica about the baby switch. I often hear people say well Jessica is a princess, Jessica is self-centered, Jessica is fake - that's what Bree's performances made her over time. It's not what Jessica should have been. The Buchanans once had so much heart and it's hard to find now.

Melissa Archer I think generally does a good job and I thought she was amazing when Jared died. This story is just to drive material for characters who can't do it themselves (John, Jessica), so Natalie is trashed as a result.

The problem with OLTL and most soap now is that honest emotion is sneered at, and the few times they do try to show honest emotion, they give it to people who can't act. Many of these recent types of scenes have gone to the Fords and every one of them has failed.

The other problem is lack of followup or change - John, Todd, Jessica, Rex, and the Fords are always going to be the same and do and say the same things. Everyone else just does a little dance around them.

Archived