OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 7

• Members

And yet, an episode from 16 years ago is more sophisticated, intelligent, progressive, diverse and forward-thinking than most of the show today. I'd rather watch an episode from 1995 than get another rerun from 2006, during the show's most misogynistic, regressive, ignorant, uncurious, adolescent, exploitative, wrongheaded and tacky era since Paul Rauch.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God ME was dissapointing in his scenes and Bree Williamson was cringeworthy. Thank god for Mark Lawson and MA

This story isnt about making Kelly dumb. She's one of the few intelliegnt characters around for the fact that she knows whats up. Joey is the true idiot here.

that had nothing to do with Marty being a friend. She was motivated 100% by her need for revenge on Natalie. She was willing to use Jessica to cause Natalie as much pain as possible.

• Members

Id have been an idiot too then bc as a viewer, I did not see Cutter pulling what he did. Who would think that he and Aubrey staged a fake scenario like that? I thought he was going to "accidentally" erase the contents, but what he pulled was even more clever.

• Members

Cookie Cutter and Stacey 2.0 would seem more clever if they didn't have the smirks on so much. I keep expecting them to cackle.

Kelly is usually more stupid in the way she behaves than in her thought processes, but she's never exactly been a genius. But on OLTL women aren't supposed to be smart anyway. So it's more Joey who will be penalized for being an idiot.

I read something about Todd's reaction to Jessica. I didn't see that part. What did he say?

• Members

Thanks. Well, I respect OLTL for keeping Todd in character, as a few years ago he happily let her and her unborn child suffer (and the child died, again with Todd being fine with it), but it's hard to believe that he once cared about her. Then again he probably sees rape as a good thing for her anyway.

• Members

I was expecting more because the scenes between Brody/Jessica and John/Natalie were underwhelming. I can't even say "Wow, great acting!". Everyone hit their proverbial notes on cue - disbelief, crying, bawling, anger, etc... but it all fell flat. It didn't help that ME as usual was very understated. Their scenes in particular were suppose to pack that emotional punch that connected to Brody/Jessica. John imploding on Natalie would have been much more effective given her mountain of lies rather than being resigned to the fact that she had lied. Hopefully they can sustain the momentum next week with the Jessica/Natalie and the Brody/Natalie confrontations.

• Members

God, can we just get rid of the frickin Fords? They are so useless. I do not care about 30 year old Nate trying to get Dani into bed, or whatever those boring scenes were about today. Zzz!

Aubrey needs to go too. She sucks. And she's on too much - today was her 13th consecutive episode. They should pair her with Cristian, so she can get shipped off to the back burner.

Cannot wait to get home from work tomorrow to watch the repeat! I think you can all guess why. :D Love old school TnB but even I'm not too big on the whole gold balloons thing, but at this point I don't care - my man is back (in a repeat)! :P Oh god, I can't wait to see the awful satin sheets opening. :lol:

Archived