OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 7

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's just bad writing. What's the point of character monologues if they don't tell us what a character is thinking?

If they want to make the NatBrat into John's kid the least they can do is show some creativity. There's no reason to trash a legacy character like Marty for the sake of this plot-driven mess. Blame Vivian's assistant or something.

• Members

No I dont see it as bad writing. Having her confess it through her speeches would have taken away from the story. It doesnt serve any purpose, especially if they are going for a twist here.

How would that trash Marty? She's done worse than fix a DNA test. Thats hardly a charater destroying action on a soap. Its tame compared to most things. Besides she's crazy. She has a convenient and plausible excuse to rationalize all of her actions. She clearly hasnt been thinking on a full tank for quite some time now.

• Members

Exactly, and no one even cared enough about Marty to see that something was wrong. Where were all the people who claimed to be her friends? Someone should have seen that she was slipping into the abyss and tried to help. Tessica has done much worse and been forgiven, so unless the show needs to cut SH, Marty will be just fine, imo.

• Members

You can see how much JvD loves playing Evil Clint. I think that after spending most of his career playing goody-goody Ross Marler on GL, he's relishing the chance to finally play the "Alan Spaulding/Roger Thorpe" of Llanview.

The sad thing is that you can buy paternity tests at a pharmacy or have them done a la carte at any lab. But current writers don't know how to work with those realities.

• Members

LOL...I wonder if ConnColumbino and Degnan have intro'd themselves to HBS as her sis and son. THAT would be funny.

I gotta admit, I'd grown to loathe Reva, but KZ's funny as Echo.

I have a completely new respect for JvD. When he got dumped from GL, I almost tried to catch him, but ATWT was still on. Now that it's gone, I'm glad I can see his terrific work. I think most actors really relish being "bad". It usually means you're smarter than everyone else.

Archived