OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 7

• Members

I didn't know you watched OLTL, Ben. I always enjoy reading your posts.

I agree that there should have been multiple reveals. I guess they didn't want John to be too blindsided and they did have that scene with Marty before the wedding but some of it seems tacked on. I think as with Eli there are so many evil things Clint has done that it all runs together, and I wonder how much will be forgotten - for instance, if Rex or Gigi will ask how Clint could watch his grandson dying of leukemia.

I'd love to have seen Dorian at the wedding, she always is at her best mixing it up.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carl, I haven't been a fan for long (started watching in 2009), but it's now the only US soap that I watch every day. I've never really posted in these threads, b/c I've always been so far behind, until now.

They did have those Marty scenes before the wedding, but they felt rushed. They should have had her gate-crash the wedding (learning about it from Starr), and setting that ball in motion. I'd forgotten about the leukaemia stuff (it was just before my time), and I can't imagine it will be brought up, but if it does, I'll be surprised. Was Clint aware of the possibility that he may have been Rex's dad during that time? I guess so, considering he went to all that elaborate effort of constructing those fictional Native American parents for Rex.

The Eli story was a complete mess that didn't always make sense, and really was just a series of sensational twists and stunts that meant nothing.

ITA about Dorian. I think she's my fave character on the show.

• Members

I think Brody is the father. I cannot fathom TPTB actually making Ford the father. That would bring nothing but more of a character that I know they know that's not popular with majority of the audience.......well at least not popular on some of these boards.

• Members

Yes, I do think Brody is Nat's baby's daddy. Where would the drama be if it was John's? There would be no drama. Same

for Brody being Jess's. The drama would be Brody is Nat's and Ford is Jess's. That would have serious repercussions

for all concerned and really upset the apple cart.

• Members

I think my other issue is Rex, Gigi and Natalie are lying about Liam just like Clint is about Rex. They have no room to talk in that regard. Having Rex and Gigi get angry about the leukemia and Shane almost dying would be legit though.

While I like Vimal and Rama, I too wish it had been Marty that dropped the bomb about Natalie and Brody. It would have been interesting if Matthew told everyone about Rex (or someone overheard Clint and Matthew talk about it) and be torn like Kelly. Vimal and Rama have no stake in the proceedings and it isn't like they were given any reason to be upset over than Vimal losing his job.

• Members

I don't agree. They were told a secret and it's not their responsibility to tell it. Plus, why would Rex reveal is own sister's secret? What brother would do that?

I don't know about that one. I thought Rama and Vimal were the perfect ones to tell it. No one would really believe Marty, plus she needs some redemption. All that would have done is dug a hole deeper for her.

Archived