OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 7

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Buchanans in name only. The family no longer have any genuine relationships with each other and they have no spirit. Buchanan family scenes used to have a real energy, and also humor, and not the ha ha laugh now bad camp kind you get with David. Bo/Clint are enemies, the show doesn't know how to write Bo and Nora as Matthew's parents, Matthew/Clint was just a plot device, Jessica and Natalie have no real relationship with their father other than his driving their stories along, Viki no longer has any real relationship with her children, Joey/Clint are just a plot device for Stacey 2.0. Jessica and Natalie have never been allowed to have a strong relationship either.

They just keep throwing their favorite pets (Rex, David, Aubrey, Kim) at the family because they either can't or won't deal with family dynamics and they'd rather recycle paternity stories. Everything is shock value (twin WTD, David as Bo's son, Rex as Clint's son, Clint is evil! et al) with no substance.

• Members

Oh. My. God. What a freaking good show (with the exception of the god awful teens). The reveal was good, but I fell in LOVE even more with Clint Buchanan, and I'm not a Clint fan. :P His comments to Bo and then talking about Rex were so wrong but I be damned if they didn't make me laugh, hell gasp a couple of times.

Jessica is a SELFISH bitch. She doesn't care that Charlie and Rex are hurting, it's all about HER. Can she not just disappear for good.

I didn't want to because Charlie has been a royal ass to Viki but I did find myself feeling bad for him. I know it will change but for today, I did feel bad.

Great wedding stuff!!

• Members

that may be so but that is still NOWHERE near as bad as what has happened to the Quartermains on GH. Not even close. There is only one Quartermaine on contract at GH (is Edward?), Tracy and she is for all intents and purposes a Spencer now. The Qs have been completely decimated and the ones that remain and are used, (Brook and Maya)are extensions of the Spencer/Cassadines. The Buchanans still have a strong presence and there are plenty on reserve. Most of the Qs have been killed off and they have no presence on the show.

• Members

True, but I never compared them to the Quartermaines. I will say that in many ways it's just a different form of death. Every time I see what has become of Clint or Jessica, or even to a lesser degree Viki, or all the missing, now totally forgotten Buchanans/Lords, it makes me sad. Not to mention the heinous rewrite that turned Jessica from a happy child into one who was being molested and put on film without Viki or Clint knowing, the disgusting image of Mitch raping Viki on her living room sofa, on and on and on.

• Members

Jessica- ugh, what a whiney bitch. Everything she said really made me wish horrendous things upon the character.

The wedding stuff is and has been great. So many things going on. The Blair/Tomas and Starr/Lang/James/whatever her name is was just so out of place. It really killed the drama of it all... they could have done something with Echo and Dorian, Marty, or something that related to the stories going on there... just felt weird the random other stuff.

I'm enjoying the show though- despite the Fords and their lovers being the weak point still. It's been forever since we've seen Inez, Dani, Nate... refreshing.

Archived