ALL: Oprah-Are You The Biggest Soap Opera Fan?

• Members

If it was me these are the people I would of had on: Susan(erica,amc),eric braden(victor, y&r), luke & laura(gh), debbie/darnell(amc), erika (vicki, oltl), reva (gl), stephanie(B&B), hope&bo (days). But of course it would of had to been a week long soap tribute.

Loved susan lying about plastic surgery. :lol: Now thats what I call a good laugh. I loved when she said she spent almost all her time with her onscreen husbands, and then I guess her real life husband must of had a problem with that, and she yelled "ALMOST" to him.lol Susan's house was fabulous, and great product placement throughout the house. :lol:

I was in total agreement when Michael said what happened to him (as in his looks), yes what has happened to your looks.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oprah needs to to buy ABC daytime and fire Fronzie. :lol:

Love seeing Erica's husbands. I thought Jeremy married Erica. Guess not. It would be a hoot if all of Erica's ex's, even the dead ones were in a scene one last time with Erica. Please do not bring back Genie Francis to GH! She wants Laura to be funny and have some sort of an agenda, this would be so out of character.

• Members

Excellent show. Period.

Especially if you are a AMC fan.

Let's just get this out....Oprah has been a fan of AMC and there was no hiding that. Like many have said she could have done a whole hour of just AMC but she didn't.

Honestly, It's Oprah's decision on who she wants and who she doesn't want.

Whether you are a AMC fan or not you should enjoy the show. Especially when daytime is in trouble. This gives us the times to remember the good old days and even give us hope in the future.

But Oprah did an AMAZING job.

• Members

+1

I just watched it and I thought it was wonderful. Yes, it had an AMC bias but it's Oprah's world and that's her soap but she was celebrating the genre as a whole. It was nice to hear Lucci and Francis acknowledge that the genre was built on the strength of the women. Unfortunately that message has fallen on deaf ears.

Just a note on the Darnell Williams/Oprah tongue bath. I get what he was saying. Daytime has treated its black audience and actors as utterly worthless and disposable so to see Oprah come from nothing to become, basically, the most powerful woman in media, yeah pretty amazing. Especially so, I imagine for an actor who was getting death threats 20 years ago because of his scenes with Kim Delaney. (And need we mention the Angie/Cliff Warner hatefest?)

To end: I miss the hell out of David Canary.

Archived