ALL: Oprah-Are You The Biggest Soap Opera Fan?

• Members

https://www.oprah.com/ownshow/plug_form.html?plug_id=6985480

Are you a devoted soap opera viewer? Do you plan your day around watching soap operas? Do you record the soaps while you are at work and rush home to see what your favorite characters did that day? Do your favorite stars feel like members of the family? Do you live vicariously through their triumphs and struggles? Do you remember where you were when Luke and Laura got married or when Erika Kane walked down the aisle for the tenth time? Who are your favorite characters? Which couples did you desperately want to see together again? Which storylines made you laugh, cry or changed your life? Which soap that is no longer on the air do you miss the most? If you are a fan of the soaps and are willing to share your love of daytime dramas on The Oprah Winfrey Show, we want to hear from you!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I honestly want people like us on this show...the ones who follow the ratings, that know the writers, directors, actors, etc. The people that view this genre objectively, not the ones that make "JaSam" t-shirts and send bedsheets to Burbank.

Knowing the Oprah show, it will be people who follow her doctrine and watch her show every day that just so happen to be soap fans.

• Members

No. It'll be some lunatic who has a dress she wears to all of Erica Kane's weddings or has a closet full of pictures of Maurice Bernard then Oprah will fulfill that fan's deepest desire by bringing the actor onto the show to meet them at which point this big fan will proceed to call the actor by the name of the character they play.

Yeah, we've seen this before.

• Members

That's exactly what I was thinking, that whatever O's gonna give us, it's something we've seen already. No offense to anyone, but it's going to be a plump frau, probably with red hair, who rattles off about "I was a little girl when Doug married Julie, and I was in high school when Bo married Hope, and I was raising my own kids when Shawn married Belle" or "This is the shirt I wore when I met Maurice in 1995. This is from 1998. This one is the hairband I wore when I met Maurice AND Steve in 2003. I don't wash them."

Be PROVOCATIVE, Oprah, jeez. Get a bunch of SON'ers on there. You'll get a new perspective (for TV, at least), and if you get the right mix, you're guaranteed a good catfight right there on the stage. Come on, O!

• Members

I think she sat behind me at the Emmys. She and her 376 twins. Oprah's done soap-related shows in the past, but I just don't think that she or anyone else in a somewhat similar position is interested in doing a *serious* show about soaps. SoapNet slept on that, they could have done so many in-depth programs exploring the medium but they were content to keep it frothy and light, pink and purple (and less and less about true soaps). It would have been cool if even Larry "I could give a [!@#$%^&*]" King had devoted some off Tuesday to discussing the soaps' slow death with guests from the industry who shot straight from the hip. But Oprah sees soaps as fun, her soap shows have always fbeen fun, so I'm sure she'll have on Susan and we'll laugh and have a good time and she'll maybe devote a couple of seconds to the state of the industry.

• Members

So wrong but so right. I've met that chick. The plus about this is that since Oprah is syndicated at least we won't have to endure a show dictated by some network muckety muck. This will be an equal opportunity for all the psycho fangurls to embarrass themselves.

Archived