January 17-21, 2011

Toups

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I'm not pleased with the lower ratings for AMC (back to last on ABC after escaping last for awhile), it is encouraging that they picked up later in the week compared to other ABC soaps. Later in the week is when David was finally awake.

• Members

It's interesting to see the ratings for ABC repeat day. It's like people got halfway through AMC before they realized that the whole line up would be a repeat and said "screw it."

Thanks Errol. At the rate Mother Nature keeps screwing with various parts of this country, I guess we should start expecting the ratings to show up by Pony Express.

So. sick. of. winter.

• Members

:lol:

+1

I know it was confusing to read (not being sarcastic- it really was), but re-read my post. The ratings are only delayed if the holiday falls during the week they are coming out, like if MLK Day was the 24th, the week of Jan 17-21 ratings would be delayed. That's not the case here.

Figures the delay was about the snow. Thanks Errol! :)

On a bright note for the week, I'm thrilled that the AMC repeat kicked the crap out of both the OLTL and GH eps. Ah, the power of Marcy! :D

• Members

Pretty good week for the soaps as it was expected that most of the soaps would be down from the previous week. This is going to be a great January for the soaps as there was a snowstorm last week that kept some people home in the Northeast so that should show in next week’s ratings.

CBS was huge last week and Y&R got back over the 4.0 mark with a breathtaking 5.8 million viewers on Monday. Friday was pretty high that week also and that’s a day they’ve been struggling on. B&B is holding up well but its not getting better results like it used to out of Y&R.

DAYS has been the best soap to me these past couple of months and it shows in the ratings. Everyday was pretty good except Wednesday especially that holiday 2.1 rating.

For the ABC Soaps another good week for them as all three soaps are getting ratings that they saw regularly back in 2008. There was also a nice comeback for them on Thursday after the repeats that aired on Wednesday. Usually the repeats stop their momentum but not this time.

The one thing I’ve noticed so far is that when AMC is doing well the rest of the soaps do well or even better like GH has. So its key that AMC scores well b/c its the anchor soap for the lineup. AMC is getting a little better every week so this is a trend that I expect the show to keep.

• Members

I think more people just tend to watch AMC reruns over the other shows... I don't know why, but I've been specifically watching rerun ratings for years now, and AMC ALWAYS has the highest rating for that day than OLTL and GH. Not that it really matters, just something I've noticed over the years. Interesting... usually the rerun episodes are during holidays, so maybe old AMC fans are tuning in on their day off to see what's happening with their old favs?

Archived