January 17-21, 2011

Toups

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Martin Luther King Day was celebrated on January 17th this year, his actual birthday is January 15th. Not that I'm even concerned about when the ratings come out, but there was no holiday this week to cause any kind of delay- I'm, in fact, surprised Toups didn't get the ratings on Thursday like usual. Holidays falling during the week being recorded don't delay their release- the delay occurs during the week of the actual holiday.

In other words, the ratings last week (for the week prior) were delayed because of Monday being a holiday (MLK Day).

• Members

I think you should just stay off this board if you're going to be so rude. Toups can't always get them the days you want. So just wait until they are out or just stay away. You're not going to die if you don't get them damn. :rolleyes:

I'm taylormade I want the ratings by this afternoon before I kill someone.

• Members

I think there is a lot of truth to this. It seems soaps never learned that it is far easier to keep what you have than to try and get back what you lost. I don't know if it was a sense of inevitability about the demise of daytime or arrogance i an attitude that people will watch soaps regardless, but there was a time when it became very clear that daytime soaps did not give a rip what characters, stories or performers viewers enjoyed. I remember all the folks telling me that they didn't watch soaps for a character or couple, and that they watched out of loyalty. I wonder if those are the ones who watch out of habit.

For many viewers, it takes effort to watch a soap. You have to record it and make time later to watch it. Once you give up a show, it is difficult to resume that habit and really bear the costs in time and effort to start watching again.

I will say about the writing, that there was a time when I saw some enthusiasm for characters or stories. Now I do not. I admit, I continue to watch GH because it is different.

Archived