January 17-21, 2011

Toups

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I won't even mention something that happened to poor little ol' me that no mod even seemed to bat an eye over--I wouldn't have thought using a term like bitch or jackass would cause any concern.

Thanks Errol--that was my problem, and honestly it's now water under the bridge. But I was concerned when after several people said I should file a report, it wasn't even aknowledged. I thought it was a free for all from there on in. :P

I remember one from around the time of the teen hearthrob 80s (90s?) remake. :P

• Members

It's not even there anymore. I deleted half the thread after getting home and reading that garbage.

I was going to discuss banning the word with Toups.

David woke up on Monday.

Monday got a MLK Jr. day bounce. Thursday and Friday for all the soaps got a storm bounce except for Y&R. Tuesday is what would happen with no holiday or big storm? lol

1/26 was a solid 3-4 inches of snow, 1/27 in NYC was waking up and going "WTF happened? I though this was supposed to be just 8 more inches." It looked worse than the 12/26 blizzard. The soaps that do good in NYC should get a nice Wednesday bounce and a great Thursday bounce for the week of 1/24. Soaps weren't pre-empted at all in NYC and the storm got most of the Northeast.

The storm that's happening now in the middle of the country is supposed to be one of the biggest in recent memory and might hit 2-3 big television markets (Chicago & Detroit), so barring bad pre-emptions in big markets the week of 1/31 could be fruitful too. NYC is not going to get much from this new system outside of a few inches of snow, rain and sleet unless the forecasts are wrong.

• Members

The idea of banning the word "irony" on a forum devoted to discussion seems almost iron...KIDDING! Just kidding! :lol:

Based on the weather forecast, I guess we can count on the next set of numbers to be both inflated and late. After all these weather bumps, the worst thing that could happen to soaps during sweeps is 3-4 consecutive mild/sunny days.

Archived