January 17-21, 2011

Toups

• Members

LOL!!! Is he saying "bitch, please" If that is what he is saying, well..... I'm LMFAO. Here in this very thread we have multiple posts, from the mods, about name calling. EVEN a warning issued to a poster for calling another poster a "bitch" and you post that!! LOL. I would say that was.....NO. I'll heed those wise words about not having something nice to say.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You can add the 7th biggest market to that list. Boston's forecast to get as much as 18" of snow and ice by Wednesday night.

The Weather Channel predicts 1/3 of US population will get hit by this huge storm in form of tornadoes, snow, ice and bitter temperatures.

Here comes one big bounce for soaps!

• Members

Marceline, I'd be careful. The "b-word" police are on the prowl! Your post is a nono! LOL.

Too bad those who want to punish some, don't go in other threads to punish multiple, repeat offenders who have gotten away with bullying for years....Oh well.

Nahh, I kid, I kid. At least something is being done. We'll see how long it lasts.

• Members

Sigh. It made for an interesting read/debate. I'll never understand why you guys go back & delete posts, especially ones that are for the mostpart harmless. I don't know about everyone else's computer, but I have a little bar with arrows on the right of my screen. If I don't feel like reading something, I just click on those and magically, I don't have to. Not a censorship fan, thought we'd moved past the days of deleting harmless posts, or deleting much of anything. I mean, nothing that was said in those posts violated board rules, so why go through the thread and delete them? It's deleting for the sake of deleting, censoring for the sake of censoring. Which, IMO, is pointless and is moderation for the sake of moderation (repeating myself now lol).

Banning the word though? Seriously? So there's going to be a discussion about whether or not the posters here should be able to discuss irony on soaps? I just......I don't know. Aren't there better things that could be done with your days? Or larger issues of the world, even on this board, that could be worried about? Don't want to get in trouble, and I bite my tongue a lot around here for that reason, but all of it just rubs me the wrong way and something's got to give.

The moderating/admin team was not always like this here. It didn't used to be this way. There was a time where I would have no fear making a post like this, and if it disappeared or something to the like, I could PM a mod/admin and they'd fix it or put the post back up. This odd dictatorship, of picking & choosing things that you all deem bothersome and deleting them or banning them or making a word read &*#$%....

I don't know. It just makes me sad.

There. I said my peace, though it probably won't last on here long and I'm probably gonna hear it for this. But it had to be said.

• Administrator

Pretty sure Angela was just joking about banning the word 'irony'. We only do that for on-going annoyances like um...Kobe Beef. LOL Anyway, let's get back to ratings discussion. Any problems or issues should be PM'd to the Admins. Thanks!

• Members

This is now starting to take on the feel of a French farce. An IRONIC French farce. :P

Anyway given all the weather-related stuff, I was wondering what the sweeps periods are for 2011:

3 February – 2 March 2011

28 April – 25 May 2011

30 June – 27 July 2011

27 October – 23 November 2011

And screw the soaps, I really need a few days in the upper 30's/lower 40's.

Archived