January 17-21, 2011

Toups

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

We will be cracking down on poster attacks, so please don't take it as a personal vendetta against any one individual. Things have truly gotten out of hand on these boards and we've been too relaxed for too long.

Also, we have a report tracking system now and we are going to be responding to each report we receive going forward. So if there is something inappropriate on the boards, report it and we'll handle it and get back to you ASAP!

• Members

+1. It really seems like some people just get away with it and get away with it. Oh well. It's not like a warn status is the end of my life. Does it even last forever?

But LOL, some of the boards most active posters are argument starters and bullies...I think a couple of my "friends" could have their warning level jacked up so high that they'll be banned in a week. Too bad they've been attacking all of us in threads Errol doesn't read...

• Members

EDIT...just saw Errol's post.

I have a feeling it won't last long, unfortunately. Either that or a few posters will be "report" crazy. And of course some of the more fun/bantering and arguments will come to an end....And that's 90% of the fun of SON.

I think the administration should just allow everyone to stick up for themselves. I mean, if someone calls me a "bitch" or a "jackass", I think I can handle it myself. Reports should only be submitted if something truly, offensively, heinous is said.

For instance a few months back I remember a certain poster told another female poster to just "cut her wrists and die. put yourself our of our misery." IMO, that's ban-worthy. But nothing was done.

Anyhoo, I just hope this report system is used properly and not abused by annoying people who get offended every time the word [!@#$%^&*] is used.

• Members

I'm just glad something is going to be done about it. I understand the arguing and debating but when it goes to name calling...personal attacks....and just telling posters to leave the board..more like get out of here etc...well I think thats a bit much.

• Members

I wouldn't even argue with that. I mean I don't think saying "you're a jackass" or something like that is serious. But there are some posters here, and they know who they are, who just go on the attack and are plain NASTY.

Errol should hop over to a certain soap thread if he's going to go warn-happy on us. There's plenty of people begging to be warned.

• Members

For those tracking bad weather effects:

New England's big snowstorm was Friday 1/21.

Mid week (2/2 into 2/3) Chicago and Northeast are both predicted to get hit. Those are big markets so I'll go ahead and predict we'll see soaps bounce back up for week of 1/31.

Taking a longer look since November 29th I compared GH vs OLTL viewership:

GH +258,000

OLTL +286,000

I don't track AMC weekly numbers and Toups, please note the ratings archives links for those weeks aren't working anymore, can you check into that please?

• Members

I think the more appropriate description would be......some people don't know that irony can be based off/formed from a contradiction. The trend continues. But hey, not everybody will know everything. AND who said "PWNED"??? :lol: Did I miss that? I would have loved to caught that little nugget ^_^

Archived