AMC: Susan Lucci's Autobiography

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw her! I saw her! :wub: I attended a book signing / luncheon today for her. There was a Q&A with a local ABC reporter. The typical questions were asked. However, at the very end, the reporter asked Susan to sing something. I think Susan was caught off guard, but she did sing something from her cabaret act and she was actually really good. :wub: I got my book signed and Helmut was there offering to take pictures for the fans. It was great. :D

• Members

As a camp disco fan, I really really think it is a crying shame that Susan Lucci never had a tie in disco album when she had a disco storyline. :( It would be terrible BRILLIANT!! (Of course I think AMC gave her her disco after the disco sucks crash of disco in late 1979, though to be fair PV was still meant to be a suburb and it was true to reality to have strip mall suburban discos into the early 80s....)

• Members

When she was asked to sing, she was caught off guard. She said she would do it, but she asked the audience to "be kind" to her because she hadn't sung in two years. :lol: At that point I got scared for her. :closedeyes: But she sang just a few bars from the Marvin Hamlisch song that he wrote for her, "Winning Isn't Everything" and it was angelic. :wub::P The first part of that song though is more spoken word, so that helped her. :D

Archived