AMC: Susan Lucci's Autobiography

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just getting into Chapter 4 -- loving it so far! OMG that Susan was in a horrible car accident that left her scarred, and would have left her even worse had it not been for her doctor. Really intriguing things I never knew about!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just finished the book --- it was so good! Susan is really classy and you can't help but love everything about her. She's so nice.

I did notice one mistake though --- she spelled Debbi Morgan's name wrong. Page 293 - "...Debbie Morgan..." :ph34r:

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I read the book on my recent vacation and enjoyed it. I think we got a really good look at Susan's personal life, and she very obviously adores her husband, kids, and especially her grandchildren. She definitely adores Agnes Nixon. She definitely seems to have her priorities straight, in the sense that she tries to balance her career and family, but she makes sure her family came first. It's really interesting how emotionally open she seems to her family, yet kept her personal issues away from work and the public as much as possible. It's also interesting that she thinks of herself as shy and finds it difficult to do new things. She doesn't like having cameras follow her around in her personal life, so it's safe to say it's highly unlikely she'll ever do a reality show on her life.

She seemed pretty open with this book, yet it still felt like a part of her was closed off or that maybe she wasn't willing to dive beneath the surface of things too often. It was almost too breezy at times, even when she was talking about things like her car accident.

Other thoughts:

She certainly seems to like the finer things in life. She and Helmut don't seem to skimp on things, yet she still comes across as humble.

As long as she's been doing AMC, she still loves the work and certainly doesn't seem to be phoning it in. But it surprised me to learn she rarely watches the show. I would want to know how the show ends up looking and presenting itself to the public, but a daily show is hard to keep up with.

It really surprises me, both from reading the book and reading some of the things she's said over the years, that given her status, she doesn't seem to interfere or talk to the writers about her storylines. She almost always just seems to accept what she's given. Granted, she is friends with Agnes Nixon, but there's hardly ever been a sense that she would make any noise about her storylines. She indicated in the book that she had a couple of tantrums on the set or behind the scenes early on but didn't like coming across that way, so she made a concerted effort to present a better face and be a team player.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived