AMC: Susan Lucci's Autobiography

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Absolutely. The Lifetime Governor of Television Grand Poo Bah of Bullshit Achievement Award at the Emmys. AND I want La Lucci to eviscerate ABC, Brian Frons and the industry as a whole, in a style reminiscent of Erica Kane's brilliant "Woman of the Year" acceptance speech from the mid 90s when she was addicted to pills.

• Members

To think, for many years, Erica Kane, along w/ GUIDING LIGHT's Nola Reardon, was my sole reason for living. And now...?

Gee, ABC Primetime, do ya think there's any way you could keep Erica "alive" in some capacity on your lineup? Please?

• Members

Anyone else pick up on how much like her real life accident the Phantom Erica storyline really was? I mean, aside from the heart injury (which was likely just to facilitate David/Erica) they even had the comments Susan really got about how she "used" to be beautiful, etc. I thought that was pretty cool. I was reading it seeing Phantom Erica. :)

• Members

Yes, I read somewhere, (I'm not sure if it was in the book) that Susan spoke with Agnes after reading the scripts for the Phantom Erica storyline and told her that she had been involved in a similar accident when she was young. This was unbeknownst to Agnes. It was a case of art imitating real life.

• Members

I think it's sad that whenever we should look back on all of the YouTube clips of this otherwise lovely chapter of her life, we'll be reminded of ABC's lies and we'll be left with the not so nice feeling that she has egg on her face. (*Waits for lame joke about Susan liking that because eggs are good for the pores. :P *)

• Members

Pg. 302: "Our fans are very passionate about the Jack and Erica relationship. I personally think they're better off being divorced than married."

^One of my favorite AMC related lines. This is what I'll quote every single time a J&E fan tells me that Walt and Susan WANT a wedding for J&E, that it's the only way for their story to be. Hardly.

• Members

At least be fair and print the ENTIRE QUOTE because you are misleading people with a part of it. I'm reading the book right now and skipped to this part to see what you were talking about. Here is the entire paragraph which is interpreted a lot different than your one line :lol: I did find it funny that she thought J/E were married twice.

Our fans have been very passionate about Erica's relationship with Jack. I personally think they're better off being divorced rather than married. When they were married the first time, their children needed them both too much for the marriage to work. They couldn't be present for their children and there for each other, too. Their blended family just wasn't blending. In fact, it was actually tearing the apart.

The second time Jack and Erica got married, they promised one another that they would never let their children interfere in their relationship again. Jack took Erica to a boathouse and danced with her as a symbol of his love and devotion. Unfortunately, circumstances in their lives are always dire. Sometimes Walt and I will read our scripts and say, 'But the kids are grown!'. Still, the events that surround their lives are always huge and require more time from Erica and Jack than they can give while their in each other's lives.

I would have liked to see them get a real shot at being a married couple without having to choose sides. They did use the kids against them and that's what SL is talking about , IMO.

• Members

^No, I didn't misquote anything. What she said after doesn't change her not wanting J&E married.

The J&E being married twice was one of a couple of wth I said while reading it. LOL But that's okay, it was an entertaining read. :)

Archived