DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

Ha, i am saying that she is a key reason the show has stuck around.

Love her, hate her, whatever. She is the star and she is loved by NBC.

Sweeney has brought in more press for Days than perhaps the entire rest of the cast combined in the past 5 years. She gets booked for the biggest loser, but it is rare she doesnt shout out days. I do not think that it can be dismissed that she has done a great deal to help the show and i am sure NBC is aware of it.

would the cancel days of she left? no, cuz they have to pay or play anyways, but getting it renewed after that? good luck.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Victor with all his millions, or perhaps hundreds of millions, has no personal assets??? I am sure even Bill Gates has some personal wealth outside of Microsoft stock.

I am unclear on something: is Ty Treadway in on it with the warden or not?

Shawn Christian isn't a great actor, but watching today it seems like he is perfectly acceptable for soap acting--he does convey when Daniel is unhappy, near tears, or whatever. Soap acting often is about short hand representation of actual personality traits.

• Members

I just cannot abide Shawn Christian. He makes Drake Hogestyn look like Sir Ian McKellan in terms of dramatic technique. I feel for Dr. Huff&Puff McHairyChest who just found out his baby is not really is, but he is a weak link in this story, IMO. I actually feel sorrier for Chloe which is crazy really, given that the girl's last braincell burned out 10 years ago. Nadia has been stepping up.

I... don't know what to make of this Nicole-gets-married-to-EJ-again SL. I just don't. Don't even get me started on the bracelet = tracking device thing. I did love Zucker's scenes with Joe Mascolo yesterday, though. JM looked like he was having the best time in his scenes with both Sweeney and Zucker.

And the little kid who plays Johnny is The Awesome with his eyepatch and runaway backpack.

• Members

Wow, just recently am I seeing more anti-Sweeney comments.

Alison Sweeney must be to DAYS what Maurice Benard is to GH. Yeah, they've got fans and they've got non-fans. But they're a staple to their shows since the early 90's and have garnered a strong fan-base and are popular. They are important to their show's identity ever since the heyday of soaps' popularity ended (i.e. late 90's). Neither one are going anywhere.

• Members

I don't think Alison Sweeney is that bad. She is pretty good and she made a name for herself much like DH² (Deidre & Drake did, but people don't call them toxic(which they were)). I just would to see something new for her, outside of the kids storyline that is dated back to Will's birth. MORE FAMILY INTERACTION.

Today was pretty good, I wish Maggie would have made reference to her affair with Neil & her romance with Don while talking with Melanie.

Stephanie needs to be slapped by Kayla, Carly, Chloe, Maggie, and Melanie! She is insane!

I love Kate's style sooooo chic and trendy! Great chemistry between Lauren and Eric. Brady/Kate/Bill Horton!!!

• Members

Soaps today need something that shakes them to it's very core. Unfortunately execs are too afraid to piss off whatever remaining fans they have left so they play it safe. I have never thought that Sami was an iconic character that the show could not do without it. She's popular, more so because of Biggest Loser, but that show is on it's last legs and Sweeney was never a ratings bonanza. Sami is a character who's damn lucky to have lasted this long. It wouldn't hurt DAYS to give her and her storylines a much needed break and lay off the heroine shtick.

• Members

I think laying off the "heroine schtick" would do wonders for Sami. Honestly, I do think that Sami has become something of an iconic character for the show. EVERYONE my age (mid-to-late 20s) knows who Sami Brady is, along with Marlena, John, and Stefano. It constantly surprises me. So I think Sami and Sweeney are kind of anchors for the show, and I like that. I just wish they wouldn't have her be so damn hysterical all the time. If you think about it, she's not doing that many un-Sami things -- and I do think shooting EJ was a major attempt to make her act like "the old Sami" while not actively trying to ruin "good" characters' lives -- but she's always [!@#$%^&*] crying and weeping and having Rafe do [!@#$%^&*] for her. Killing off Rafe would do wonders for Sami, honestly.

• Members

I absolutely agree. I want Sami gone because she isn't "Sami" anymore...she's some weepy wreck whose toxic to every scene she's in. You've got a problem when you have fans who are rooting for the villains, hoping that the heroine of the storyline gets crushed like a bug.

If they made Sami a scheming bitch again, I'd be all for it. The way Sami's been written, for at least the last 7 years, has utterly defanged the character and it's a real waste. Sami needs to have her claws and use them!

• Members

Ah, Eve Donovan... a blast from the past. Sami couldn't hold a candle to that tornado of a character. She and Jennifer were great enemies back in the day! Makes me remember the days where Shane and Kimberly were newlyweds and Eve moved in with them. The story basically wrote itself.. so much emotional undertones to the story. Sadly, this is missing in today's soap opera realm.

• Members

Sick of Rafe treating Sami like a little toddler. On yesterdays episode when he was like "is it safe for me to leave you alone here without getting into any trouble?" and blah blah blah, so annoying! STFU Rafe don't you know that trouble is her middle name, or at least it used to be. That's what she SHOULD be doing almost 24/7. Rafe/Sami sometimes give me a daughter/father vibe. Sami acts like a little child with him who needs his approval and applause all the time. Sometimes she will go behind his back and do things up until he catches her -- like a child.

And onto today's show, Sami had me scratching my head when she suggested to Rafe that they take Johnny and disappear with him right away. I was waiting for him to ask, "What about Sydney? unsure.gif"

Melanie did not look her usual pre-teen, babysitters club rainbow sweet tart self today, she actually looked older and more like a betrayed, scorned wife!! It felt more realistic, I liked it!!

LOL at Caroline's freak out in her hospital bed! The crazy bitch was borderline possessed! That was not meant to be funny I don't think but it still made me giggle.

Stephanie is the most selfish, inconsiderate brat! mad.gif She could care less her bat grandma is in the hospital and could be looking at some serious charges when she gets out, all she can think about is Nathan & them supposed to be getting married tomorrow. She needs to realize thats just not going to happen and even if it does it won't last long

I mean, at this point I just do not care about Vivian/Gus. I'm like so what? There was barely any planning by Kate and Brady. I just did not care that Vivian and Gus were thrown out of a plane sad.gif

• Members

Sami and EJ need a break. A little vacation. James Scott could work on his tanline. I'll be honest. I actually think Rafe works great when he's not involved in that clusterf8ck. That cute scene with Johnny at the PD was a relief because it was just about him talking with a little kid. I also like his interaction with Nicole and Carly Manning, but whatevs.

I understand Days' need to keep their anti-heroine heroine and major draw front-and-center, but I would LOVE to see Sami get a job and get involved in corporate espionage or something. IMO, her rivalry with Nicole is also a draw and if those two got involved in some Titan-related story, well, so much the better. The baby stuff, the Ejamafe stuff needs a little rest.

Archived