DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont see Carly as a victim bc she is the one character that ALWAYS gets called out for her crap even when not warranted. She ahs a whole line of people that hate her and waste no time bashing and trashing her behind her back and to her face. The Carly hate Ive seen since watching this show again this fall has been quite excessive. She doesnt whine or play the victim with it though. She usually just takes it and accepts how people treat her

• Administrator

Nice twist having Stefano involved in the organ theft storyline. Stefano vs The Bradys just feels right. And it makes sense having Stefano be behind this operation because having the Warden being behind it didn't add any punch to the storyline.

Awwww....Allie and Johnny's scene was so cute. I hope DAYS doesn't soras these kids (Johnny, Allie, Ciara, Theo) - they're very watchable and cute.

• Members

Eric Steinberg! :wub: :wub:

ITA. These young actors are hell o' talented and really give their character's defined, relatable personalities. It's not often I get interested in the little kids who are often trotted out on other shows to highlight how wonderful their parents are, etc. Here, they actually drive story in their own right, and you can tell we are seeing an early manifestation of how the characters will be later in life. I hope they stay in the role for some time. The two playing Johnny and Ciara, in particular, steal every scene.

• Members

Both Allie and Johnny are talented lil critters. I was hoping there'd be a scene where he'd say something to the effect of wanting to remember what everyone looks like just in case he doesn't see them again and they thankfully delivered. Very nice job!

I don't think they'll be SORASing these kids anytime soon because their parents still look so young! I could see them SORASing Theo (and I guess Ciara too) since their parents are older.

• Members

Looks like Stefano and Kate are finding their way back to each other wub.gif they were awesome in Friday's episode.

Meanwhile, what the heck happened to Victor and Maggie? I don't believe we saw them once together this week!!

I loved the Stephanie/Melanie scenes. Team Melanie, Stephanie is pathetic! Can't even take responsibility for her own actions. Bitch your lies are the reason you lost Nathan, not Melanie. She was right though about Melanie giving Nathan mixed feelings about how she felt for him and things did change for Steph/Nate after the quarantine stuff but I don't believe he would have left her if Stephanie hadn't lied to him. The wedding would have gone through and they would have been happy. Nathan would still have powerful, underlying feelings for Mel though and Mel would have the same for him. So I guess it will always kind of be Melanie's fault but still..lol

LOL at Melanie's fall at the end and her holding her pregnant belly.

I didn't really buy Sami & EJ's truce but I'm glad it happened. Probably won't last long though rolleyes.gif Liked the Rafe/Nicole scenes. He always does better with her. Everyone seems to be really good opposite AZ.

Chad and Gabby are SO awkward with each other. I noticed when they were on the couch while Will was in the other room, they were trying hard not to look at each other & you could tell it was awkward silence. Chad also seemed jealous of Gabby & Will when they were acting close with each other after learning the good news about Johnny.

• Members

Considering Sami is already the parent of a 17/18 yr old, I wouldnt think she's too old to have her younger children SORASED. EJ, himself looks much older since he cut his hair. With that said, I hope they dont recast anytime soon bc I love the younger set on Days. What a great group of kids

LOVED Stefano and Kate yesterday and so glad he let her go home with him.

The hospital stuff was really good. I hope EJ sticks to it and doesnt go back to being a prick too soon. Everyone was great except Rafe who nearly ruined the scenes for me.

Go Stephanie! I loved her confronting Melanie. While her anger was misplaced as Mel did nothing to her, I love someone ripping into her bc she's been doing that quite a bit to others. Plus her atittude is stank and I dont like it.

• Members

Everything about Melanie is ridiculous LOL She reminds me of the Joker (especially when she grins).... I think Melanie should be written as a snarky bitch.. not this put upon heroine... the girl aint got the acting talent to be put-upon. I should feel sorry for her but I just don't. Not sure if it's writing or just her acting choices that cause me to make that conclusion.

• Members

I never get emotional with television, it's just not who I am. But, that little scene where Johnny stroked Sami and EJ's faces and then told them that he was remembering them, just in case, made my eyes well up. He is a talented little dude, Alison Sweeney's reaction was perfect. Just give the little guy an Emmy, I don't care how little he actually does, kid has some chops. James Scott was good in those church scenes.

Unfortunately, Rafe had to be there and ruin everything. Galen Gering is a terrible actor in these sorts of scenes. He just stinks up the place.

LOVING Kate and Stefano. Delicious as always.

• Members

I'm watching yesterday's episode right now.

Can Stephanie please beat the crap out of Melanie? I'm not talking just a slap. I mean a severe ass kicking. I don't care if she's pregnant. She deserves to have the mess stomped out of her.

Melanie: "I really know how to bring sexy to the sick room. Nathan walked in there a little boy but thanks to me he came out a man."

Bitch! God, she's insufferable. How is anyone supposed to root for her? Stephanie needs to slap her senseless. Or at the very least, put her head through a window.

Melanie: "You knew Phillip and Chloe slept together, and instead of coming to me about it, you decided to play God. You played God with my life, with my dad's life, and with the little baby's life... all so you could hang onto a man."

Stephanie: "Oh my God. I just love you playing the martyr! Oh holy Saint Melanie! Have you forgotten that you slept with Phillip when we were still trying to work things out? You turned Max against me, and then you couldn't stand the fact that Nathan fell in love with me so you had to mess that up too, didn't you?! Well, you won!"

Go Stephanie! Beat that bitch's ass!

Nathan needs the mess kicked out of him too. He led Stephanie on for months, telling her he loved her and pretending to be devoted to her, when the entire time all he could think about was getting in Melanie's panties. And now he wants to play innocent? What a prick.

Kudos to Phillip for calling him out.

Nathan: "You had an amazing woman and you knocked up her father's wife."

Phillip: "Okay, okay. I'm the scum of the earth. But that never would've happened if I hadn't seen you pawing on MY wife, slobbering all over her. For reasons I will never understand, Stephanie is madly in love with you... and you tossed her to the side like yesterday's garbage just because you thought Melanie might be available."

Call that prick out on his hypocrisy!

Why are the "rootable" characters on this show such hypocritical assholes? Melanie in particular. Stephanie's got that bitch pegged. She wanted the power and prestige of being a Kiriakis so she married Phillip, but she also wanted Nathan so she refused to let him go even though he was with another woman. Basically, she wanted to have her cake and eat it too. She wanted the entire world to revolve around her vagina.

At this point, I'm just rooting for Stephanie to plant a bomb and blow everyone to hell.

• Members

Im glad I not the only one that feels that way about Melanie. I dont get how she is supposed to be the heroine we should root for when she is so horrible. Its a testament to Molly Burnett bc she is so likeable but I get conflicted bc Melanie can come across very likeable but then go ugly in a nanosecond to the point where you want someone to beat the bitch

• Members

That's what I like about this story, and about the general approach to the writing in this era. The "good guys" aren't allegedly perfect and pure as the driven snow. I don't think you're wrong about Melanie, but I don't think anyone's asking us to believe anything besides what we're seeing. Melanie's outrage IS justified, but so is Stephanie's. In their minds, they're both right. In reality, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Melanie and Nathan went into their respective relationships with feelings for one another, but they never acted on them. That, to me, makes a big difference. They never held back from cheating out of pity for their partners, but because they did genuinely care for them. Was it true love between Mel/Phil and Nathan/Steph? No, but they wanted it to be. They did try. Remember when we were supposed to feel sorry for Belle, who was in love with Shawn but married Phillip out of pity and a fear of being alone, and then spent all her time running to Shawn and making out with him? Then she would only give Phillip the time of day when Shawn was occupied elsewhere? She was flat-out supposed to be the heroine of that story! Everyone spent all their time walking around talking about "poor Belle." This, to me, is light years away from that.

Melanie is a brat. She's immature, but she's also genuine. I don't feel like I'm being asked or told to believe otherwise by the show. Nathan wants to be a stand-up guy, but trying to act noble doesn't make you noble. Carly got caught in a shitty situation and made a judgment call that could cost her some important relationships. Phillip acted on selfish impulse and screwed up his marriage. Chloe fell into her old routine of cheating to feel loved, and it caught up to her.

And I loved Shelley Hennig's performance this week, and the fact that Stephanie finally has some definition, but it seems weird to me to act as though she's the heroine of this story. She pretended to be Melanie's friend and kept the letter from Nathan. She lied to him for months and months, and she manipulated the Chloe situation (regardless of whether she actually switched the tests herself or not) to benefit herself. I like that they're writing her and Mel with such animosity, but in no way do I think that Stephanie is any more in the right here!

Archived