DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been dipping in and out of Days since the sarcophagus story and I have to admit that there's definitely some good stuff going on there. The baby reveal, while badly directed, has had some really nice fallout, and I love the way different combinations of characters were seen dealing with it and commenting on it -- it was almost like the old days of soaps. I love the way Caroline and Kayla were involved, and I actually like the actors playing Melanie, Stephanie and Nathan. (Too bad two of them are leaving.) Nadia B. continues to act like a Ritalin zombie and Shawn Christian is, well, very pretty. To be fair, the paucity of rehearsal time and the apparent lack of acting direction is hurting everybody under 50. But Maggie, Victor, Stephano and Kate are pure gold. Even the Sami-EJ-Rafe-Nicole story, which I hate, has had some interesting touches of late, though I find the catalyst (Johnie's cancer) unnecessarily grisly. (And the story seems to be taking a real turn for the Reilly-era worse, given upcoming spoilers.)

The Hope-Bo story is a snoozer, as is the idiotic sidebar of stranding Vivian on an island with that twelfth-rate Ivan. I thought Vivian's takeover of the Kiriakis empire in the wake of Brady imprisoning her was a stroke of near-genius, but man, has the fallout been terrible. In general, though, there is some cool classic soap plotting going on, and I'm at least minorly interested to see what's next (for the first time in years and years and years.) Oh, and I'm majorly looking forward to Justin & Adrienne's reunion this week.

• Members

She wasnt necessarily a prostitute. Trent would just let men sleep with her if he couldnt pay them back with money. I was just getting back into Days, when Melanie joined but I think she was doing as far back as a little girl. IIRC, When we first saw her I think she was trying to get out of having sex with some old man and he got mad pull out a gun and shoot and Nick took the bullet for her? Not sure, but I remember Nick getting shot and Chelsea/Stephanie immediately calling her trouble. I used to love Melanie back when she was a bitch and nobody liked her but Max and Nick.

• Members

Blake Berris (Nick, I think that was his name) was really good. I remember when he was going strong I would see posts just outright dismissing him because he was a newbie, which was so unfair. The story where he goes crazy was really good, and he did a good job. Trent (the evil father of Melanie) was OTT but fun I thought. I think youtube must have this stuff somewhere.

• Members

The hospital scenes with Johnny were quite touching--I was surprised DAYS could make me feel so much. I liked the way that episode ended were Johnny was taken into surgery and Sami broke down. The music also has been great; a recent example is when Kate and EJ were having a drink. Is this new music? I don't recall it before, but it was very nice. And, is it just me or does it seem like the directing has stepped up a bit? There's been some interesting, good, if not scattered throughout the episodes, shots. Or maybe I haven't watched an episode for too long.

Guest dc cubs

What I noticed today was that is was EJ/Sami/Rafe free. We need many more days like today as that storyline is sucking the life out of this show.

Archived