DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

Amen and +1. That face-stroking scene was pure perfection in terms of investing even the most hard-hearted, cynical viewer (um, me) in this story. Now all I can think is "I hope little Johnny doesn't lose his eye!" He registers with me as a character as much as, say, Stefano or Kate.

Speaking of Kate & Stefano, :wub:

I love Melanie as this bitchy, entitled snot, because there is something human and vulnerable behind the bitchiness. When she's a put-upon heroine, I buy it less. And BSC Stephanie practically breaking Melanie's door down? Oh, YES! Bring the crazy, RageStephanie!

Michael hit the nail on the head. Both these two are flawed and have done bad things, but there are also relatable, too. Days is not asking us to side with the "good one" against the "bad one." Though in terms of the cray-cray, Stephanie right now is more nuts because she is just. SO. Angry! That's two years of frustration and bitterness bursting forth. Stephanie was once the pretty, entitled little princess with men falling over each other to ask her out... until Melanie became that very person and Stephanie became second choice. For both Philip AND Nathan. No wonder she lost it.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this would be a good time to do an in-depth psychological study of Stephanie (from what I hear, she was raped and also held hostage in a morgue?!?!) In real life, someone whose gone through one of those situations has emotional scars that never quite go away, even with therapy. Perhaps, they should focus more on her past traumas as opposed to losing two guys to Melanie. Just a thought and would give Stephanie some more depth. However, I'd hope they wouldn't turn her into a Sami 2.0 though.

• Members

That's always been my problem with this character. There has never been any signs of any growth or development from one story arc to the next. I won't even go into the whole racecar driver thing cuz it's one of those plot points that are best swept under the rug. But you are entirely right, she was raped, her father was believed to be dead growing up (yet they act like he was there for her entire childhood), and went through whatever trauma during the Touch the Sky mayham (I've forgotten the details of much of the past 6-7 years of this show). Yet she still comes across the exact same way without any truly defining qualities. Hopefully this will finally give her an edge and some depth. And hopefully the actress will continue to put some actual effort into her performances.

• Members

Happy Birthday, Dr Neil Curtis!! fest09.gif

I loved the Carly/Melanie scenes, but will Carly please remember that she has another child besides Melanie as well? So Melanie is the best thing that happened to you, that's great, but what about Nicholas? She's acting like Mel is her only child. I find that very annoying!!

Shutup and get over it Stephanie, gosh I am so over her & her waterworks.

Why is Maggie caring so much about Vivian? And why is this all she and Victor talk about?

• Members

I wish Maggie would get off her high horse and stop being such a judgemental bat. She is really starting to irritate me how all she keeps doing is going around bashing the Kiriakis men. The show needs to do something about her and Victor already and stop dragging it out bc they are close to risking the point of people not caring anymore.

Have they mentioned Nikolas since she came back? Does Melanie know about him? Honestly, I forget he even exists except when I read this board. The show definetly doesnt do much to acknowledge him

• Members

Thank you soooo Much!! It was a great day!

I agree about Nicholas. I haven't heard her mention him since she been back. I remember Nick was the best thing to happen to her when she learn he was alive!

I was just saying yesterday that Maggie and Victor story needs to be beefed up without Vivian. I wanted a Maggie/Victor/Caroline story, but now that she is Battyline I don't wanna see that. If not a Victor/Maggie/Stefano/Kate story (with Maggie seeing a different Stefano much like Rachel/Carl on Another World) or bring in a great soap vet like Peter Simon, Richard Van Vleet, Kale Browne, Ron Raines, Nicholas Coster, John Reilly, Ben Masters, etc to come in and make Victor jealous as hell!

• Members

Early on, I remember there was a Nikolas reference. Carly said they had had a falling out when Carly killed his father Lawrence. Given Carly's story, Nikolas should be mentioned more often. It does bother me that Carly acts like she has one child, but it bothers me moreso that Carly acts like she hasn't been denied the opportunity to raise her own child before. It would explain Carly's often desperate attempts to bond with Melanie.

I don't understand why Nikolas isn't in town. Considering, SPOILER ALERTNathan might be leaving town I don't know why Nikki is brought in to complete the quad. Imagine the drama of a Stephanie/Nikolas pairing!

Regarding Maggie and Vivian, I think Maggie feels guilty. As a moral character, she is afraid Vivian is right; she has been lusting after Victor while he has been married to Vivian. I don't have a problem with Maggie's complaints regarding the Kiriakis men. They buried Vivian alive in her name only for Vivian to turn around and do the same to her. Plus, Phillip has ruined his marriage to Melanie, who has become a surrogate daughter to Maggie. I agree it will have to move on a bit, and "Days" laid the groundwork for an eventual Maggie/Victor/Kate/Stefano/Vivian storyline if they decide to go there.

In mention the list of Stephanie storylines, let's not forget the all to brief pill abuse storyline. I wish that had played out longer than it had.

• Members

Go Chloe! LMAO loved her going to Stephanie's and ripping into Caroline. She called her a "Pitiful old grandma" and later on to Philip she said Caroline was a "Disgusting old witch" LOL!!! And I loved Stephanie's annoyance/bitchiness with Chloe, trying to get her to GTFO! She had to call Philip to come get her cause she was so annoyed. Loved all of it...

Chloe was so out of line and she's so blind and playing the blame game but I was loving her anyways! I'm glad she has Philip in the end to sort of get her back into reality & realize this all started with her and him in the first place!

Philip looks so pathetic begging Melanie for another chance!

I love Nathan/Melanie but wow Nathan is taking things a little to fast, she is not just going to be with you right away! Give her some space & let her sort out things for awhile. She is a mess.

Stefano & Kate are just awesome and I love that they're reunited again!!

Gabby/Will wub.gif loved them this week. They are ADORABLE. LOL @ Rafe's reaction to them dating. I'm glad he approves. Also loved Chad earlier this week, how great was that little scene he had with Johnny? wub.gif

Archived