DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks for that, quartermainefan. Not sure about the embedding. Was that Taylor who was shown at the end of Wednesdays show talking on the phone & asking about a bus or something to Salem (they didn't show her face)? I'm pretty sure it was. I love Natalia Livingston and am looking forward to her debut!!

This made me LOL. Yeah seems like everyone goes to places on foot these days in Salem, it was nice seeing people actually drive, haha.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course no follow-up on Justin & Adrienne today!! sad.gifmad.gif

Finally the prison S/L is heating up...I can't for the life of me understand why Carly would want to help, she should know what's inevitably going to happen when this is all over, but I kind of loved when she showed up next to Hope at the end. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what happens on Monday with all of that!! Except for one thing - Trustee Lee bullying/pushing around my Jenn!! sad.gif

I just find this Chloe stuff insanely sad! I feel bad for her! It's even worse now that Daniel and Melanie are going to conspire against he & try to get Parker.

• Members

Thursday was so boring. I had to FF to the last 10 minutes. The only good thing was Justin and Adrienne

Dang, Chloe is a hot mess. This is getting really hard to watch. She is reminding me of Elizabeth from GH last year when her affair came out.

How was Melanie double crossed by EJ?

Why was Sugar in jail (PS, Im talking about Robin Matson. Dont know her characters name but I keep thinking Sugar from B&B when I see her0). I could have sworn, I saw her talking to the Warden a few weeks ago and it was on the outside. I was wondering then when she got released

I feel NOTHING for Sami and Rafe. She is such an ungrateful b-tch and if he didnt care about the kids, Id have preferred for EJ to rescind his offer to let her have joint custody bc she is being such an uptight cow about the arrangement.

LOVE Jen and Carly working together. Love them as BFFs and its so refreshing to see someone that genuinely likes having Carly around

She loves Bo. Despite whats happened, she doesnt want him to die and if she can help prevent that, she will. It makes sense and Im glad she is helping. She also cares about Ciara and knows hiow much that girl has suffered not having her mother and now father around.

Chloe = Elizabeth Webber. When her affair was revealed, she had a mental breakdown and started acting crazy, needy and downright pathetic. She used her kids to try to latch onto Lucky and get attention and she ended up trying to kill herself and was institutionalized. Kate is reminding me of Helena, trying to push her over the edge and threatening to take her baby away

• Members

Chloe = Elizabeth is a great comparison. It's very similar. Some of this stuff is tough/disturbing to watch (well, in a different way than Days usually is :P), but I like that they're going there.

Sami is such a dumb bitch. Shut up and take the agreement. You SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD. I think he has leverage. They're actually doing a better job of writing Sami in character lately -- she's less of a weepy mess and more of an overemotional, big-mouthed idiot -- but it's tough to write that sort of character as your lead heroine. It's not a natural fit. If she were in, say, Nicole's place in the story right now, it would be a lot less awkward.

• Members

She had a handful of typical Salem intro scenes on Wednesday's episode -- a pair of hands and a disembodied voice worrying about how to get to Salem. I'm pretty sure it was actually Livingston (or they got a good stand-in and recorded NL's voice later on).

• Members

It was a few years ago when he convinced Mel to leave Titan and bring that Alternative Fuels Project to DiMera Enterprises. When E.J. got the rights to the project he accepted a payout from some oil company to stop developing the project. Melanie was angry. That Alternative fuels project S/L dragged on SO LONG and it was BORING! But I remember it for some reason. It's to bad this all led up to Tony's death sad.gif Here's some Mel/EJ scenes from when he double crossed her

• Administrator

Clues:

- Stefano plans on taking "care" of Rafe by doing something to him

- Noise coming downstairs in the Dimera mansion. Construction?

- Ben, working for Stefano, says Rafe could have memory loss.

I think it's obvious (and I like the idea too. I always love these type of stories). I'll be shocked if I'm wrong.

• Members

What a Monday episode! Are we still screwed up from the pre-emption a while back (meaning this should've been a Friday ep), or is that all sorted out now? Because there was a lot of stuff going down today -- and I was even spoiled for some of it, and it still made me crazy.

Loved seeing Taylor turn up at the end. This is something I love about soaps: that a character last seen in, what, 1998 or 1999?, can just pop back up with new life in 2011. Not that we needed an entire episode of Nicole walking around the one-room mansion and Taylor's hands holding various inanimate objects on the plane, but still. I'm excited to see how they play the character and what it does for Nicole. I did have a laugh at Nicole's horrified expressions at the end, though. I chose to interpret those as Ari Zuker's horror at having to play scenes opposite Livingston for the foreseeable future.

I'm loving the climax of this prison story, too, at least mechanics-wise. It's roping in a lot of people in fun, interesting ways. The execution, however... yikes. Lee shoves Jennifer to the ground, and she's unconscious enough to be hauled up and strapped to an operating table? Bo knocks the gun out of Burt's hand or something, and somehow that's enough for him and Hope to overpower the Warden and Burt and cuff them? I know the action-y stuff is probably a bitch to shoot, and time is money, but I can only make so many leaps with this stuff. It feels like they're skipping necessary in-between scenes where actual action occurs.

• Members

Monday's episode was SO boring IMO up until like the last 3 minutes!

Natalia Livingston wub.gif Taylor seems like a nut to me but idk...LOL. Her personality seems fun & humorous, I am looking forward to her & Nicole tomorrow.

LOL @ Rafe 2! I loved the way he was introduced. He seems kinda better than Rafe 1 already to me..

The Jennifer/Trusty Lee stuff was so creepy & just pathetic! The surgery just killed me....this is all just plain dumb! Liked the Bo/Hope interaction but all this just moved way to fast and I honestly can not wait for all of it to be over with. This whole S/L was a mess!!

• Members

I think I like this fake Rafe way better than the real one already. Anything has to be better than what we have already been force fed.

I'm excited to see how Taylor will impact Nicole. But can someone help fill me in. I was taking a break from Days last time Taylor was on so I know nothing about her. In fact it was years before I even knew Brandon and Nicole had a little sister. What was her relationship with Nicole like? Did they not get along at all? What kind of person is Taylor?

I just can't feel anything for Sami. I really can't stand her big mouth and selfish attidtude. She is so self righteous. I've tried for years to like this character and really can't. Ari has such an amazing way of pulling you in and making you feel for Nicole that Ali seems to lack with Sami. IMO Ari can act circles around Ali and I just don't understand all the Sami love that is out there. :blink:

• Members

Boring, bland and completely irrelevant. You didnt miss much as she didnt stay for long. I think she had a crush on Eric, whom Nicole was involved with that went nowhere. She was your typical goody goody. Nicole was mostly annoyed with her as was the audience

• Members

A role which should fit Natalia Livingston like a glove, then.

I forgot about NL's huffing, puffing and gulping -- they are driving me insane! Learn to pace yourself and BREATHE through your dialogue, girl!

You know, I found last week on Days a real chore to watch, and Monday's episode was kind of yawnsville as well.

Archived