Basketball Wives on VH1

Cheap21

• Members

I love you but how can you be disappointed in Jennifer as if that wasn't how she was the entire time she was on? She ain't got no personality or opinion on anything other than what she feels she's supposed to think to stay on Evelyn's good side! She's always disappointed me!

Overall I'll say I loved this reunion. They covered everything and it had some good moments. They're setting themselves up for a good next season if they play it right. Keep that main cast and of the supporting players I'd make Haziel a housewife and MAYBE keep BJ as a Friend. I just hope now that they have a solid cast we don't have to suffer through half a season of trial and error. I don't want 20 friends. 

I also would say from episode one that Baller Wives is kinda a dud and the two girls from it came off better on Basketball Wives than their own show. It just felt a little boring and forced for me. 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

how many times I gotta tell you, these hoes are not housewives! LOL. As for Jennifer, the difference is before she was friends with Evelyn. They had a falling out so I was hoping she'd come back differently but she fell right back into old ways. Id have preferred if her role on the show was to be allies with Tami and Malaysia instead of firmly planted in Ev and Shaunie's ass

The reunion could have been better. I hate that they didnt address BJ lying about Jackie saying the word liability. They talked about them fighting without bringing up what prompted that fight. Likely bc VH1 couldnt pull up reciepts for the reunion. I also didnt like how they didnt bring up the clip of Shaunie saying Malaysia had no substance when we all know she did. I do appreciate that they kept this to one hour instead of trying to drag it out

Everything was all about Jackie. Without her, we'd have nothing to talk about this season

I noticed that they didnt invite a good chunk of the extras to the reunion and the ones that were, didnt even get couch time

I watched Baller Wives and they definitely tried too hard. I'll watch the next episode but not sure how I feel about it

Yes! Hazel didnt really add anything to this show.

• Members

Im just gonna post my thoughts on Baller Wives in here since its a spinoff and I dont see it getting much traffic

YES, Stacy got a drink thrown on her. As a pregnant woman, thats the least she deserves. She can leave with a rain check for a punch to the face after she delivers

Jeniva had the nerve to call Stacey D-List....what are you?

So is this show gonna be like Basketball Wives bringing a bunch of random extras that arent in the main cast? Can we focus on the opening credit bitches first?

Miko has beef with Aja bc of sh-t her husband said about her. She's messy bc I feel the issue is all on her. She also shouldnt be talking about their kids. Miko's son is in a grade where they have time out yet she says she talks to him about the stuff thats going on between her and his friend's father? He's too young for that

I wasnt feeling Kijafa in the first episode but she's grown on me here.

• Members

Watched Ballers yesterday and yikes!  What a horrible inorganic show.  90% of the women are so extra in their pursuit of becoming HBIC.

And shame on anyone who would film a woman telling her 6 year old child how she doesn't like another woman and trying to explain why for SL purposes.  That was so unnecessary and shame on any parent for doing it!  So disgusting!  Besides, how are those 2 kids in the same class?  One looks about 3 years old.  Is he just really small for his age?  

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

I agree. If they were bringing on Jenn then they should've evened the odd by bringing back 2 LA girls--Brandi, Meghan, or Bambi would be my choice. Hell, I'd even take Laura at this point. I would say Draya but she's swore she'd never return.

It's just due time that they reach out and bring Suzie with the lisp back in; she already resides in LA too. 

It's obviously is gonna be Malaysia/Jackie v. the Miami girls. I too have hate how the Miami girls, who tanked their own show b/c of their massive egos, are consuming the LA show. I always found the LA show to be more lighter and funny compared to any of the seasons of Miami. 

I do wish that Royce would return b/c I know she'd align with Malaysia out of spite b/c she loathes Shaunie and Ev. Plus, she was the ONE Miami girl that didn't kiss Shaunie's flat a**.

• Members

Its not Basketball Wives LA anymore. They dropped the LA and marketed last year as the return of the original Basketball Wives, picking up with season 6, after it ending with season 7. Ask Nostrils and she'll tell you and she'll tell you its their show

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I hate the new theme song and this premiere was boring

Im sick of hearing about Jackie and Takari. Can we move on?

Im so over the Evelyn vs Tami feud. This has been going on for what, 10 years? Over it.

Shauni still fake as f--k, straddling the fence

• Members

@Cheap21, I had the same sentiments. 

For one, if Takari isn't gonna be brought on the show to speak her peace then I don't wanna watch as Jackie uses the poor girl as a story. It's well-known that Jackie mistreated Takari. I remember Shani spilling all the tea back to Laura in s2. 

I'm over Ev v. Tami too, but I'd rather they be at each other's throats instead of faking a friendship. 

I don't care for Malaysia's family being on the show. Instead, they should've just brought back Bambi and Brandi. 

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I felt completely different, I think this is going to be the first truly solid season in a long time. I love the main cast and all three newbies seem solid. The past couple years they have endless newbies come and go through the year and you can tell there is no focus. This season it feels like they have a cast in place and they can just hit the ground running and we can invest instead of the usual midseason retools. 

I found it mostly interesting and a good start. I’m curious where the Tami/Evelyn thing will go. I feel both were being petty but as usual Shaunie will egg it on. I wonder where the season will go. It looks like Jennifer is going to side with Evelyn, but her bombshell affects Shaunie and Evelyn more than it would Tami. At least on the surface. 

Im happy to be finally genuinely interested in basketball Wives again!