Basketball Wives on VH1

Cheap21

• Members

I hadn't seen BBWLA from the beginning, but when I got BET+, it was free.  I saw the beginning eppies and suddenly:

I don't care if Chad beat the sh!t out of Evilyn.  Why is her violence ok but not his?  

I didn't care that Eric viciously tossed a drink in Jennifer's face AT ALL!

Ordinarily, these things would bother me, but I can't think of 2 women more deserving.  And I love that Gloria handed Shaunie's ass to her multiple times.  Shaunie is a bully and uses her status to get these women to do her dirty work.  

These women were nasty and classless from day one.  They were mean and hateful dogs and Suzie did everything she could to get back into their good graces.  Meeka being a businesswoman should be embarrassed that she tried to get into the circle.  

Tami was straight rabid.  I have to wonder what her past was like because she was way too violent.  That should have been checked long before Tami decided to change her ways.  

Royce was the smallest thing ever but larger than life.  She really stood up for herself and made the wolf pack uncomfortable.  I really liked her.  

Watching those eppies made me super happy for OG!!!!!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember enjoying every season of LA. It was strong from the jump and I always felt it was more balanced because you didnt' have an Executive Producer as a cast member. The only bad thing is that they bring on promising newbies and they almost always get dumped the following season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

So glad OG was given a platform to speak and boy did she let it out! She is so well-spoken and deserves the world. 

In other news, rumor is Shaunie is about to lose her production title. #KARMA

https://thatgrapejuice.net/entertainment/2019/12/report-shaunie-oneal-lose-producer-position-basketball-wives/

• Members

Shaunie really did ruin BBWLA, which I always took to. Unlike Miami, the LA show was much more lighter and funnier. I always found Miami to be dark b/c of Ev/Jenn/Shaunie alliance. The LA show did not need Shaunie to come and swamp things up. 

I (too) am glad that Shaunie is finally getting her comeuppance. I am going to be glad that the women can now come for her ass without worrying about being fired. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

FIlming should be starting soon so we will know if this is true or not, but here are rumors.

- Evelyn said on Instagram yesterday that she most likely won't be back.

- Shaunie is rumored to lose her power as a producer next season, so if she returns she would be on an equal playing field with the other ladies.

- Cece and OG are back

- Feby is out

Naturally I'd expect Malaysia and Jackie will be back. Jen I'm not sure about and havent heard anything. Honestly if these things happen I think they could have an interesting season. It would be a nicely developed cast with built in conflicts and with Evelyn gone you wouldn't have that Bethenny like character who swallows the narrative.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Binged the first 3 seasons of LA this weekend and it was really good!  Never saw the earlier seasons and I missed the hell out of Brooke!  She was a real one.  Didn't know Bambi was on the LA franchise.

I also didn't realize how much of a sociopath Jackie is.  She honestly couldn't help herself and needs professional help.  

Brandi is possibly one of the most stunning women on the planet.  As straight as I am, I just really like looking at her.  She's just stunning!!!

Sundy was a vile nasty creature and really deserved that black eye from Draya.

Draya blossomed from the little scared stripper who took loads of crap to someone you don't [!@#$%^&*] with.  

On season 4 where Va'Shangela shows up so once I finish this season, I'm good.  I've seen the rest.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Lol im curious as how the new season will be like since last year was explosive, and it's soo unprofessional that shaunie never called or tried to push the idea of getting together with or to have a personal conversation about what she's being accused of.

I wonder what direction the show would have went if they kept draya while tami and evelyn or if Laura had stayed on longer to eventually run into shaunie.