GH: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At first I thought that his secret with Brenda would just be something of the past that they'd had to overcome (eg, Lulu shrieking for weeks and then suddenly forgetting it). But that Dante still has feelings for her makes me wonder if they are just done.

Didn't he also have feelings for Brooklyn during and after the time she drugged him? I can't remember. I guess that's been dropped.

Maybe they should have Lulu and Tracy work on some big revenge scheme against Dante and then when it's over Carly will feel like her thunder was stolen.

• Members

While I haven't watch GH really at all this past year, I can only speak to the exposure I had to JMB/Lulu up to that point. I think JMB is a decent actress and actually I think her portrayal of Lulu is pretty spot on. She looks a lot like Genie/Laura and her interpretation of Lulu is actually pretty true to how Lulu was brought up. She has good ACTING chemistry with a good amount of the cast, not great, and seems to do well in family stories.

Where she falls short continually is on the romantic side. I can't put my finger on why. She just never has seemed to connect to any pairing that well on screen. Lulu and Dante may have had some success, I don't know, but the show was at one time very very committed to them so IMO when the show determines they want to do a pairing, they will do it whether the pairing has a strong romantic connection on screen or not. I have always felt that's what they do with her but I also believe her movement from one love interest to another so quickly is because while the show I think hopes these pairings will catch fire, none of them actually do.

I think the problem or one is that they put JMB/Lulu in these "love story for the ages" romances and Lulu is not some tragic heroine. Nor does that play to JMB's strengths. So why not try Lulu in something lite and romantic and fun. Try something with Matt rather than having it be some deep serious recreation of Luke and Laura.

• Members

On a side note if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to post in the Spoiler section an interview with Tyler Christopher from GH regarding his contract status and his unhappiness with the show. While not a fan of his AT ALL, the interview was pretty enlightening as it relates to the overall show balance.

• Members

LMAO I wonder what Carly's going to think of Candy on Monday's ep. Michael looked scared out of his mind when she walked into Kelly's tongue.gif I really hope she has a good reaction to them. Really don't want to see Carly go Carzilla on her.

Michael asking Candy out wub.gif that scene was just great. GH is hitting all the right beats with them (except for that little bump in the road a few days ago).

So nice to see Brook Lynn today. I was shocked. Lol @ the interaction between her and Liz, I love their little rivalry. They are so annoyed with each other!

Knew Lisa would get out of it, and Steve wouldn't do anything about her stealing those antibiotics! He really should resign as Chief of Staff, he told Olivia he was thinking about it and I def. think he should. But then there would be no reason for him to stay on the show lol.

Johnny and Lisa continue to be hot. He is going to keep having power over her & I think one day they are going to become more.

• Members

I like Abby, but she looks like she's in her late 20's to me. Maybe she's only supposed to be 22 or so, I'm not sure. Either way, I don't know many mothers who are going to react well to their 18 year old son hanging out with an older stripper or any stripper.laugh.gif I think the best we can hope for is that Abby is able to hold her own and that Michael doesn't let his mother steamroll the girl.

• Members

I actually did think she looked in her 30's, but I wanted to be generous in case she wasn't. I suppose the character is supposed to be 22, but when I look at her I see a 30 something stripper with an 18 year old baby faced boy. Is there a mother on the planet who wouldn't flip out about that if they knew? I think this is actually going to be fun. Carly will lose her mind and maybe Michael will get the chance to defend Abby, instead of being the one to go off on her every other day.

I'd be calling my mother to come take her down for me. laugh.gif Anna would wipe the floor with Lisa.

• Members

Why? This is the problem with crying "wolf" all the time - when it's actually true, no one believes it. Regardless of what Lisa did during her breakdown, Robin has been harassing Lisa, falsely accusing her and being an all-round paranoid bitch on the matter. Given that, Steve showed an actual backbone yesterday that he didn't side with Robin yet again.

Besides, LIsa didn't deny anything - she just told a falsehood about her reasons.

• Members

^^ Stealing antiobiotics is stealing antibiotics. Not only is it a crime for Lisa to do it, it's a crime for Steve to know and allow it. Both would be fired instantly in a real hospital.

Not to mention the story lisa made up made it even worse. She then admitted to creating another crime by aiding and abedding an illegal immigrant. And Steve willingly was okay with that...And agreed to use taxpayers dollars to examine this woman "no questions asked". Both should be fired and tried.

As for Steve resigning as chief of staff. He sure as hell should. There was no reason for Monica to step down. It was a cheap gimmick to get Steve Burton's best friend on the show and give Monica even less airtime.

Archived