OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 29th

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I felt so bad for both Nora and Bo today. Bo said something that cut Nora deep. Bo so regretted syaing what he said, but it was to late to take it back. Nora fought back the tears that she so wanted to shed after what Bo said. Bo wanted to keep contact with Nora aftr what he said to her. The look on Nora's face as she pulled her arm from Bo's hand and walked out the door. The look on Bo's face after Nora pulled he arm from his hand and walk out the door. Those scenes were don't wonderfully by both RSW and HBS.

• Members

You know, we've been saying that since she first got back and it's totally true. And that's exactly how she got her start on the show, there's just something in her blood about being a great supporting player. She uniquely shines in that function. They still haven't quite figured out how to best showcase her in her own stories, which have historically been silly or super-duper dramatico (babies getting killed, sleeping with stepchildren).

• Members

Yeah, they did a phenomenal job. I'm kind of torn on who to side with. Nora is being a little too paranoid, but I think she's right about Inez. But at the same time, she needs to trust her husband. Bo is right to feel like he's not one to cheat and that it's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black (even though he did forgive her), but at the same time, he needs to respect her wishes and feelings that she doesn't like Inez as his wife.

• Members

I see chemistry between her and Kevin and between her and Rex. With Kevin, she seems more vulnerable and feminine and with Rex she's funnier and kookier. I like all these aspects of Kelly so I hope they can all shine with Joey.

I do find it weird they wouldn't just bring back Kevin full-time for Kelly. It's not like the show didn't value the couple at some point and they never had Gina and Dan as Kelly and Kevin at the same time so they can't say they wouldn't work based on history. I know everyone says they don't want Kevin as competition for Todd and McPain, but they need to get over it. They could keep them out of the same circles anyway. Besides, Kevin threw a punch at Todd earlier this year, so I'm not sure that's the issue. It's possible Gauthier is unsure about coming back.

• Members

If the show wanted Kevin back he'd be back, with or without Gauthier. They've had no hesitation about recasting this character before, even with popular actors in the role.

Kevin being there would be too much of a change from the easy setup of hand-wringing Viki/victim Jessica/self-destructive Natalie, with Todd occasionally popping in so Viki can tell him about how he and Tea are soulmates. That's why I'm surprised they brought Joey back - I guess that will be more about Kelly and shoring her up, and giving yet another excuse to try to make Rex less worthless.

• Members

what did Robin Strassor do to piss off her hair stylist? Her head looks like sh-t

Could the person Aubrey was talking to be Echo? Anyone else think that she could be her daughter and her relationship with Joey is a set up to get some Lord/Buchanan money? I guess we will wait and see if they recognize each other

"Clint is just as bad as Eddie". Abusive to his kids, women? :mad:

OMG, Marty is about to go off on Starr. Psycho Marty rocks!

• Members

Marty has lost what little was left of her mind, the way she went off on Starr was crazy.

Clint has also lost his mind, I don't see how he's going to be redeemed after all of this. I think there was something to Joey seeing Eddie, it's going to fit into the plot somehow down the line.

The show is feeling more and more mature, the older characters and vets dominated this episode.

• Members

Absolutely! I tuned in about 40 min. into the show and was loving that, "I know, right!?" scene with Viki and Nora, then they cut to Echo and Dorian which looked like a flashback with Robin and her darker hair and jacket that looked like it was made out of old Chanel handbags. I felt like I should be bowing to all of this soap royalty. Can hardly wait to catch the full ep.

Archived