OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 29th

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If OLTL let her play the Crazy Cramer she would.

Cassie & Blair stand on their own even without story while GT struggles.

But she's really good (like HT) at playing crazy in both comedy & drama.

OLTL should keep her as a supportive cousin with the rest of the Cramers (where she really works) instead of giving her half baked romances or rehashing stale rivalries (Blair Vs. Kelly).

Blair & Kelly teaming up together as family would be so much better than them taking turns propping Todd, keeping Langston from Ford and/or ignoring Starr.

• Members

The Ford actors can't handle the material. If they could it wouldn't be as glaring. I think Jessica Leccia had some good moments at GL but she seems out of her depth with this story. James and Nate are awful and Ford is...Ford.

• Members

I may be in the minority, but I would have preferred Alexa Havins in the role of Aubrey if for no other reason than to prevent OLTL continuing it's evolution into the dumping ground for all the out of work ATWT actors. I hate that every time we turn around there's another newbie showing up from first GL, then ATWT. But I am surprised to like nuJoey very much. Aubrey and Kelly are too much alike. Only one can survive. I don't care which.

• Members

No actually it's a shout-out to the 93-98 Todd backstory where Peter Manning's abuse loomed large over the character. It's too bad NR is such a weak actor. Trevor delivered Todd's old tough guy bravado facade when discussing Peter's abuse even as James' bruised face and shame was getting to him.

• Members

I thought in the initial Todd backstory, Todd eventually went to see him when he was dying of a heart attack. I don't remember it being so much about Todd wanting to kill Peter but not getting the chance.

Robuck is good at all the Twinkle type of vapid stuff I guess but I don't think he suits emotional scenes, especially his voice.

• Members

I liked GT's ditzy, silly Kelly in 95. But come on, it's 15 years later and she's an adult woman who's gone from cold ice queen to silly teenager with an out of the blue crush in a matter of weeks. Neither of those persona suits who Kelly should be at this stage in her life. Frankly GT is making me cringe at her girlish antics and today the olive schtick was reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy embarrassing material.

As for rest of the show, JWS rocks with the vets but he's stuck most of the time with the weak Ford clan actors, man they are a bad lot.

Enjoyed finally seeing TnT again after a long break. FL/KM are so believeable as mom/daughter.

B&N's fight was long overdue as RC glossed over their issues to reunite them IMO. Nora IS a perpetual cheater and Bo just joined her in cheating on Clint... she needs to OWN her ISH not get self-righteous. I wanted her to fling Georgie Phillips in his face and really get a good fight going with a lot of things finally said.

• Members

Peter wiped his hands of him during the rape sentencing. Then during Rebecca scenes and rape therapy it came out Todd's deep self-hatred stemmed from the child abuse. Todd saw he was aping Peter's behavior with women, too. They were estranged until Peter had the heart attack and called for Todd. On his deathbed Peter then apologized for keeping Irene from Todd and died before he could spill the Lord Heir secret. Like most abused kids, a part of Todd still loved Peter and cried over his dad's death. But Todd also admitted later a part of him was happy Peter the not so great (his old nickname) was dead and buried. There was a lot of repressed rage in Todd for Peter and he's said more than once over the years he wished Peter was alive so he could beat the crap out of him. I thought Todd might punch out Eddie today seeing him as Peter Manning incarnate.

NR has a sweet, boyish charm but he's horrible at drama and fails when given any meaty material. This child abuse story is way over his head. RH rocked that material from 93-98, really getting deep into the shame and self-loathing. NR just whines.

• Members

I like TC/Aubrey so far... she reminds me so much of Kristen Bell, who I adore! I like the angle that she's working for or with someone... but who? Hmmm. Maybe she was a stripper and it's her friend Kimmie :P

I have always liked Kelly, even when most viewers did not... through the baby switch, Kelly/Duke, etc. I liked HT but I also enjoy GT, and I find her enjoyable as long as she's not with Rex. I really do prefer her with Kevin though although I do see chem with nuJoey.

Eddie's murder was clearly set up today and his death or murdering him was clearly mentioned. Red herring? Or is it happening soon? Inez, Ford, James, Nate, Dani, Todd, Tea(?), even Clint/Bo/Nora... we haven't had a murder mystery in a while, but we don't really need one. However, this is streamlining straight towards that...

• Members

Dorian: "If that's really Echo...."

;-)

So, Tom Degnan got a shirtless scene, and I missed it? [!@#$%^&*]. (I won't lie. When the actor is...okay, a nice physique will help to make me hate on him less.) But someone's got a screen-cap of this, right? Right?

There are so many Lords and Woleks I'd love to bring back, I almost don't know where to begin: Tina, C.J., Sarah, Kevin (now, there's a role for Eric Sheffer Stevens!); Wanda, Jenny, Dan (but probably not Larry - unless Michael Storm were to agree to return w/ a contract, I'd have to kill off Dr. Larry, then allow Dan to take his place @ Llanview Memorial), Karen (briefly, for a 13-week arc that would help introduce her and Larry's daughter, as well as reveal that she contracted AIDS from one of her sons), Larry and Karen's daughter, born after Karen had skipped town; and perhaps a son Dan had during his years away from Llanview.

Tony, though, I can't see as some crazed despotic leader. That's just b/c I personally want something more realistic (well, as realistic as a back-from-the-dead story can be, I guess). Ideally, it'd be great if ONE LIFE were to introduce a new character, a half-Lebanese attorney who goes to work for Nora, who is then gradually revealed to be Tony's son. The explanation, of course, would be that Tony survived the helicopter crash in Beirut, but developed amnesia. He married the woman who helped nurse him back to health and together, they started a family. However, she was killed as a result of escalating violence in Lebanon, which put a tremendous strain on Tony's relationship with his son. And even after his son helps Tony regain his memories and reunites him with the rest of the family; and Tony slowly becomes involved with Nora (because the way she got Bo back has to be the way she loses him again, too), and his son becomes involved with Tea; Viki and Nora will have to be there to intervene whenever father and son have yet another difference of opinion.

• Members

One more thing: if Victoria Wyndham shows up at all, then it has to be as the Fords' grandmother/Eddie's mother. Eddie is an abusive s.o.b., because of his mother, who did the most heinous things to him, including telling him how she had tried to abort his ass before he was born. I'm just saying.

• Members

I liked GT's Kelly years ago but so far I've only liked her in scenes with DG. He brings out a natural softness and vulnerability in her character than no other guy has so far. And he's the only guy she's shared an ounce of chemistry with IMO.

Eddie has a bullseye painted on him all right and alas the strongest actor of the Ford Clan bites the dust when Bobby, Nate and Inez need to DIE already. I'm not looking forward to more Fords whining over who killed him.

I still have a soft spot all these years for Tony and Pat. I could go for Tony Lord returning from the dead in a heartbeat.

• Members

There is absolutely no reason to recast Kevin.

I do know exactly what I'd do with Karen and the Wolek clan, but it's a long yarn. I've thought of a couple ways to handle Dan Wolek, short-term or long-term. I wouldn't kill Larry. I'd have him raising Dan's teenaged son, who Dan is estranged from along with Larry. Michael Storm could recur and block-tape. And sure, throw in Brynn Thayer for a quick appearance along with Doris Belack and Light when you reintroduce the family. Thayer has said in the past that the only reason they killed Jenny offscreen was to focus Zaslow's ALS story on him and his child, and that they had toyed with bringing Jenny back from that avalanche, so why not do it in one day.

As for Tony, he would not be a G.I. Joe villain but he would be a little nuts. Of course that would somewhat change over time if he were to be reintroduced to Llanview society.

Tina, C.J., Sarah, etc. are a whole other mess. C.J. would be an openly gay Navy SEAL who had worked with Brody. Sarah would replace Jessica on the canvas, guaranteeing a commitment to the character. C.J. and Larry's grandson would get involved in a quadrangle with the happily partnered Kyle and Oliver, who would return on a recurring basis. The story would be about them, but it would also be an entry vehicle to the two new gay leads who would eventually lose interest in Kish and be paired up.

Archived