OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 29th

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good catch! I guess she'll be the fly in the Lotrimin as far as he and Langston's go at a sweet, old-fashioned romance is concerned.

That "WHAT!? :angry: " thing she did with her arms to James at the diner on Thursday was hilarious.

• Members

But Blair already has a nickname, the town mattress. But yeah, I was thinking Dorian look thou closer to home for town slut title.

Nora was kidnapped so OLTL can win SOD's most tortured couple two years in a row? RC tortures couples but does deliver them some payoff at the end. Unlike Guza who just tortures and tortures couples.

It's becoming a game to predict who Marty will lose it with next.

I like NuJoey A LOT. He's great with ES and shared a nice we got a lot of history smile with Dorian today. I even like how he and JVD played it a bit distant, there's an undercurrent there that isn't present with Clint & Kevin... all good. But he's wasted playing naive fool caught between Aubrey and Kelly, UGH.

• Members

Don't know who I'm more disappointed in - Viki for allowing Echo to stay at Llanfair, and not slapping the crap out of Charlie or Charlie for treating his wife like the hired help. I hope Viki changes her mind and lets Dorian help her in getting Echo out of their lives.

Eddie is creepy but who ever the actor is, he does play the part to it's fullest.

The scenes with Joey and Dorian weren't bad, but I still miss that great chemistry that RS and NF had.

• Members

I know that this isn't real life, and that the main thing is to remind us of what a stud Ford is and provide conflict and give more stories to push Terri Conn into, but I think to have Ford and Aubrey as lovers is a bad choice. For one thing, Ford only took advantage of naive or mentally ill women, so what does that say about her? She's either a birdbrain or she is going to fake being one. And this is a man who had sex, without protection, with a mentally ill woman who has Hep C and also has a history of sex with strangers when she's not in her right mind. If he's like that with her who knows who else he slept with. I picture him in that SNL sketch from ten years ago, Old French Whore. I wish we could have a lovely Christmas montage of everyone in this mess going to get STD tests.

• Members

I think that the Clint does need to get some comeuppance after this storyline is over with. I think that we might start to see him pay for his actions after he is found out, and people ostracize/don't really want anything to do with him. (Including people he cares about) Clint may be a villain, but he's the type of villian that doesn't really want to be labeled one, by most people.

And who doesn't want the people he loves about to think poorly of him. He's mostly been showing his dark/lethal side to people he can bully, threaten or blackmail, (like Rex and Ford).

He hasn't shown this side to people like Vicki, Joey, etc..., because they would disapprove/dislike his actions. When all the bad stuff that he's been doing comes out,(hiding that Rex is his son, trying to get Inez to sleep with Bo, having Nora kidnapped), a lot of people he cares about are going to be disgusted with him.

And I think that is when we start to see him pay for his actions. When people like Vicki, Joey, Natalie, etc... are disgusted by his actions. Characters like Charlie, Rex, and Matt are going to be ticked at him as well. And it might take a long time for people like Bo/Nora to forgive him.

Clint's fine now with being a puppetmaster and orchestrating bad stuff to happen. As long as none of his loved ones knows anything about it. But once that stuff comes out, people will dislike him/want nothing to do with him. And I think that's when he'll really start to pay for his actions.

• Members

I think Aubrey could be working with Echo, rather than her daughter. However, knowing RC, he'll probably make them related too; repetition be damned.

I definitely foresee Clint getting his comeuppance in losing the affections of Viki and Joey, and probably what affection Bo has left for him too. If done right, this could be the most honest portrayal of a comeuppance considering how easily Todd was welcomed back into Starr and Blair's lives after the Atlantic City/Marty kidnapping saga. Clint isn't as propped up as Todd and the others.

• Members

That's part of the reason why I am not looking forward to the comeuppance. If Clint is banished from the family, then, as with Tina, my main question will end up being why Viki was fine with forgiving Todd, who could have let both of her daughters die.

The Buchanan family is so weak now and there are so few strong relationships that this whole evil Clint thing might just wreck them once and for all. Since OLTL just loves Todd's harem, and the Fords, I hope that this wasn't intentional...

• Members

I'll go one better (or worse, depending on how you look at it): not only do I think Aubrey could be Echo's daughter, but she could also be Rex's fraternal twin sister. (That's right, folks: Echo gave birth to twins.)

• Members

I think the Buchanans are actually stronger now than they've been since Malone's last stint, when both Viki's boys were on contract. Stories are actually about the family now which they haven't been since - what - the '90s? Is it perfect, not at all, are there problems with some of the stories, yes, big ones, and Kevin should be here. But I think they really shored up the Buchanans after Asa's death.

• Members

They are more plentiful in number but I don't get a strong sense of family, other than "I have to protect my family" used as a plot device, like Natalie lying about what happened with Brody, or Clint's schemes. There don't seem to be any strong relationships now and the show doesn't have a lot of the small family moments, although that might change with Joey back, if he isn't stuck in the Aubrey/Kelly stuff. Bo and Clint also seem so distant and Matthew as Clint's flunky just puts Matthew in a void instead of expanding his character. It's sometimes as hard to remember that Matthew is a Buchanan cousin as it is to remember Starr or Danielle are related to Viki and her children.

It's not just the Buchanans, as I haven't gotten any family sense from the Cramers in a long time either, but since what the family was built on is about to be exposed as some type of kitten-kicker, I wonder how they will recover.

Archived