OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 29th

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yep, even when she was rolling around in the bed today, I got Babe vibes. Her intro seems very reminsicent of Babes with her knowing Joey for a month, totally in love as he prepares to surprise introduce her to his family. She looks like she has alterior motives and may not be as into him as she claims to be

• Members

Since Rex does not give a crap about any of his family members, and ignores them for long periods of time, I am hoping that the show will also ignore any relationship between Joey and Rex, especially since it will probably be written as the twitchy Chia turd being awesome and Joey being a loser in comparison.

• Members

they arent going to ignore it. They have history and Im sure the show will have them as rivals. Joey seemed to give a look of dissaproval when he heard that Rex was living in his old house on Llanfair. With Rex and Kelly connecting, Im sure Rex will be drawn into their quad. Their rivalry will only intesify when they learn they are brothers

• Members

"Chia turd", ewwww, lol.

Still not drinking the Ford brother Flavor-Aid no matter how hard they try.

I've been saying this since day one, I still feel like Inez is gonna catch a bullet one of these days.

I enjoy Bo and Nora as drama-free as possible, and I know this is a soap and happiness means Zzzzzzz but I like Bo and Nora working TOGETHER against someone rather than strife in their own relationship. Inez is so not worth all this.

Kelly is just a flop and a half, this Joey thing looks like it's going to do more harm than good. She's getting too old to play the things they're giving her, she's not Ally McBeal, they need to sit down and figure out what's really best for her character (short of being written out).

• Members

I hope not. Rex kills any character he goes near, and any male rival has to go psycho just to remind us of Rex's awesomeness.

Just pair Rex and Kelly off and put them in all their scenes together so I can skip them. Any triangle with men fighting over Kelly tends to end up like people fighting over three day old pastry.

• Members

I don't think she's too old for what she's being given at all. I'd rather see her play a fool for love in a silly way, then in a wretched, pathetic way. Of course, the wretched pathetic thing may be coming, since it seems to be a soap staple these days for women of every age. Still, I'd rather see her being silly and hopeful at the prospect of reuniting with her first love then play out the kinds of stories Blair and Marty have been given over the last few years. Hell, I'd rather see her plotting to steal Joey from Aubrey, Katie Peretti style, instead of chasing the town rapist around and begging him to love her so her life can have some meaning.

• Members

I agree that I'd rather see silly over pathetic, though I guess my problem is that all of this silly is starting to look pretty pathetic. Kelly is too manic and just like with her twin Rex, that starts to get really old really fast. That's why someone like Joey is good for her, kind of takes all that edge off, or even someone like Brody at his level-minded best, not currently with all the paternity mess going on.

• Members

I wish they would stop trying to make Kelly happen bc she clearly is not. Her return has been a flop. I used to think Kelly was her defining role but after seeing her as Dinah on GL, Kelly is such a downgrade. GT is a great actress and its a shame even she cant get Kelly to work. It might be best if she asks out of her contract when her year is up (and that should be in about 2-3 months) and go elsewhere

• Members

Too bad there isn't a whole lot of elsewhere for her to go to. If she asks out of her OLTL contract would ABC really want her on AMC or GH? B&B would be worse than OLTL. Wasn't she up for the role of Victoria on Y&R, but it fell through for some reason? I miss the days when actors really could hop from soap to soap and get good roles.

Kelly has been a pretty dull character so far, but I think if they turn her into a Bridgette Jones (after a divorce) type there may be hope. I think she's been a little more interesting, since she decided she loves Joey. I don't even find it that unbelievable that she would still have feelings for him. Well, actually I do, but not because a lot of time has gone by. More because she's hooked up with half his family, but it's a soap so...

• Members

During GT's run on OLTL, Kelly is a loser of a character and she always has been, IMO. A bad retcon forced onto Joey and the Cramer family and generally there to make stupid faces to wacky music when she was supposed to be "fun", and to jut out her jaw and freeze everyone into place when she was supposed to be "serious." They have thrown so many men at Kelly and they have all pretty much failed. While it's nice that they have toned down the contempt she feels for her family, she just seems superfluous, and I don't remember it being any better the first time around. At least this time around I don't loathe her, so that's an improvement, but I just don't see her purpose.

It wouldn't have been any better on Y&R -- if Maura West, Stephen Nichols, Eden Reigel, Paul Leydon, etc. all seem to have no idea where to go or what to do, Gina wouldn't either.

I hope it works out for Gina at OLTL, because I would like to see something besides Pity the Rapists Hour, with special guest stars Chia Prat and psychos of the month, but this character is a real slog. I just hope that if Joey/Kelly don't work out Joey does not get the blame from the powers that be.

Archived