OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 29th

• Members

Who is ESS?

I love the Tony idea and David Selby seems particularly perfect. If I bend my brain a little, I can see Michael Nouri acting it out along the same arc of his Caleb over on AMC. And Robin Strasser would have LOVED to get her hands on his Tony.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, Tony and Dorian would be perfect. I wouldn't mind seeing Pat Ashley show up for a couple days. That would be a kick. Of course, I wonder how many tycoons the show can take given Todd's longtime role, and now Clint's, which I wouldn't give up for the world, honestly. But then I've wanted to see Todd's money taken from him for awhile.

Honestly, I had the Tony idea thought up to the point he is found. Beyond that and pairing him with Dorian I never thought much further. He was going to have a Middle Eastern foster son who would serve as his major domo, his enforcer tormenting Todd, to perhaps be paired with one of the ladies, but I didn't think that much about it. It's one of a million soap pipe dreams I use to divert my mind from professional work.

I doubt David Selby would do the role, though he is the ideal choice. He is almost the spitting image of George Reinholt and is from the same era, but he is also still quite in demand; he did a regular role on the HBO show Tell Me You Love Me opposite, I believe, Jane Alexander, and just had a key supporting role in The Social Network.

• Members

Yeah, I thought DS was perfect b/c of the physical resemblance to GR while he maintained that dark depth and gravitas that GR has seemed to lose. Plus he's got a bad rep blah blah it would probably never happen.

• Members

Yeah, I only caught a bit of it but he was... odd as Julian, would not have been my choice. They should have just cast freakin' Alan Oppenheimer! Oh, and that poor man who died in the pool, the gentleman from AW...

Mason, thanks. I can't stand FM.

Speaking of this Tony thing, giving credit where credit is due, I did kind of like Nelson's idea of casting Charles Keating as Victor, and I can't remember if this was his idea or mine, but particularly in newly created yet faithful (whatEVER that means to OLTL :rolleyes: ) flashbacks opposite RS's Dorian. To me, it could be an interesting Dark Shadows-like parallel time s/l (with a lot of makeup, surgical tape, and vaseline on the lens). At any rate, CK would be excellent as one of Viki's Lord cousins, Powell, II who we never saw or something, too bad the Powell ship has sailed.

• Members

David Bailey passed away while on Passions.

As for Tony Lord -- if Todd and Victor can survive so many scrapes with death then Tony can too.

Hell, I would even bring back Meredith...have her as some slightly twisted angel of mercy who is secluded in Switzerland or somewhere and pulls strings to punish those she sees as bad and reward those who are good. She can work with a not really dead Melinda Cramer. Beverly Penberthy (or Carmen Duncan, or Lisby Larson, or whoever else) and Victoria Wyndham or Christine Tudor...

• Members

I've been hankering for VW for a while, and we're gettng a glimpse of what I had in mind with Echo as far as being a schemer who Viki and Dorian both have it out for. I envisioned VW as Dorian's first cousin with two adult children of her own, a kind of Alexis/Sable-type thing but grimey American bitchy.

I wish they cast relatives for the vet characters more often, I think I would have enjoyed the stuff with Viki's aunt Gwendolyn.

• Members

I guess after Victor and Mitch I feel like they opened a door for all these Lord resurrections, and I wish there was more representation of the female side, especially since Jessica is just a disaster. That would also bring some Woleks back. They could even use her as a flimsy reason for other characters who aren't really dead, like Jenny Wolek. It makes no sense, but then, I never thought Echo DiSavoy would be back either.

Archived