OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 29th

• Members

I agree I thought the same thing about Joey- he'll start putting the pieces together about Clint I'm sure, that something's not right.

As for redeeming Clint- after this mess with getting involved with Eddie, I'm sure he will somehow come to some grand revelation- will try to atone for his sins, and be less evil for a while before it rekindling again. Perhaps his plan with Eddie will go wrong and put his family in danger? Who knows. But he's still redeemable at this point.

As for Marty, they're pushing her over a cliff at this point and I'm not sure she'll be able to rebound... but this is the most interesting she and Clint have been in a while!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, this would be a good way of connecting Aubrey and Echo to the B's through Rex.

I feel bad for Inez. I'm sorry, but being blackmailed into screwing a guy who is old enough to be your Dad is completely foul. I like badass Clint, but I hope he pays for this.

• Members

They need Clint to be a plot device, so that would limit redemption.

If he continues to follow the Alan Spaulding path, then after discovery by our "good" characters, like the chia prat, he will either fake a mental breakdown or fake a heart attack (or actually have a real one and use it for sympathy).

• Members

I loved today's show!!

My favorite scenes were Viki/Nora and Dorian/Echo. I love that they finally remembered that Viki and Nora are friends, it's about time that they talked about how they are feeling and how their husbands are making them feel concerning these interloopers in their marriage.

Dorian getting Echo drunk was totally awesome, and so much fun to watch and I be damned if she isn't on the verge of confessing to Dorian but we all know that something or someone is going to come and mess that up.

Clint is FINALLY interesting and so much fun to watch. Don't know what is going to happen to him after all he's done comes out but it will be interesting and fun to watch, I'm sure.

Marty has really lost her mind, and I'm with the poster above, why can't John see just one of these tirades.

• Members

I agree. I like Clint this way, although I've only watched OLTL for about 6 years, so that skews my views on a lot of things. I think soaps need these kinds of gray characters and they don't have to be redeemed. They need redeeming qualities, but that's a different thing.

• Members

I think that the fans are supposed to be fascinated by Todd and see him as a hot guy who sometimes does the wrong things for the right reasons. We're supposed to remember that he's the real victim in everything he does or that happens to him.

Clint, we are probably supposed to enjoy his behavior or love to hate him but I don't know if they really care whether we understand or see him as worth investing in.

• Members

They have to want to redeem a character and even then it isn't always successful.

When they wrote Todd to rape Marty, I'm not sure they ever intended to redeem him. And when they decided they wanted to, it took years upon years and some would say they still haven't.

We have neither the time, nor do I believe the powers have the inclination. Marty hasn't gone too far yet. But the progression has been so sudden and so rapid, I wonder how far they'll take her.

• Administrator

I think Echo/Aubrey are related too or at least connected to each other because the camera was on Echo and then it panned to Aubrey.

Loving Badass Clint and his plan to have Eddie kidnap Nora.

Nora/Viki's scenes were pretty good and funny too, talking about Echo/Inez.

Great episode today!

• Members

I would want his plan(s) to backfire, and Eddie either kills Nora, or brutally rapes her. After all, Bo's going to need a good motive in the big "Who Killed Clint?" mystery. (So, too, will Matthew when he is exposed to be the real culprit.)

You're not the slut of anything until you've baptized yourself in the country club fountain, people.

• Members

I find it endlessly stupid how some people judge viewers based on their likes or dislikes about a fictional character. Millions loved Tony Soprano as such character usually are the more fascinating than do-gooders and Mary Sues.

Anyhoo, JVD is rocking his material and I was totally backing Darker Clint UNTIL he gave a violent, criminal and known abuser a gun with orders to grab Nora. There Clint crossed a very big line so he needs to make some big atonement for that.

As for Marty, she's always been an unstable woman and has been due for a breakdown story since 1993 really. SH is doing a great job but Marty needs a lot of shrink time off-camera soon.

Archived