OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 29th

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Charlie was playing passive-aggressive bully with Viki today, while Echo was visibly glad that she was causing friction. Viki should have told Charlie to shut it and gave Echo the boot. Viki did tell Echo good when Echo hugged her, she almost sounded like Niki Smith. Echo sure pulled quick.

If OLTL was in the P&G soap universe, Adam Hughes would have been getting it on with his Aunt Katie. :lol:

Todd and James' scenes were good.

The last scene with Dani and Eddie Ford was creepy.

• Members

Kahn you always have such good points! Very true. Character based humor.

That being said, I am enjoying this show so much. Yeah it is as deep as a plate, and the relentless pimping of the godawful JPL gets old.. but I am loving OLTL right now. Zimmer, the great Friday cliffhangers, even the background music seems much improved. Joey and this Aubrey chick I am loving, Kelly is FINALLY showing some life (shame on OLTL for this absolute waste of Gina's talent- and they are not even close to where they should be with her, and my guess is she is NOT happy). And I am sorry to say that I love the Ford brothers more and more each day. All 3 of them. The mother from GL is STARTING to appeal to me (I thought she was terrible inititially) Not to mention that hot guy who was supposed to be Joey will be starting soon, and TED KING!!!!!!

Viki is on nearly every day... I feel this show is on fire. But like an alcoholic who swears he will never drink again, OLTL has the unfortunate habit of f-cking up. But right now, I am loving so many things. I do wish the show had a little more heart, a little more humanity.

• Members

Making Nate a virgin too would have been corny, and slightly unbelievable (he's what, 17...and the average age a boy loses his virginity is 15.) We already saw that 'he's a virgin/she's a virgin' scenario with Markko and Langston.

• Members

Viki/Charlie/Echo is the truth, those looks Viki was throwing Charlie were classic. When Charlie said, "Well isn't this my house too?" I was like "Ooooooohhh... :ph34r: " and Echo's chuckle was priceless. Charlie is REALLY pushing it, wouldn't be surprised if they're separated/divorced in a couple of months.

I also Ooooooohhh...'d :ph34r: when Eddie made that crack about Bo, Nora, and Inez having a threesome and if she still did the helicopter.

And THAT is how Todd will become one of his murder suspects. Dear God, I PRAY that they don't have Eddie go full-monster and rape Dani who spent all episode talking about being a virgin with Eddie's son! Oh Gahhhd...

• Members

Oh I'm in love!!! Two weeks and I'm back watching and enjoying OLTL. Lots wrong (Marty, Blair, the Ford's, Inez, Gigi & Rex) but what's good is very entertaining. I was hoping Clint's devious plan would spark something in Inez, but Jessica Leccia is just a mess. I always felt she was such a bad actress stuck in a bad storyline on GL, but everyone seemed to think she was just in a bad storyline. I'll never understand her appeal. And are those three giant boys really her sons? I really wonder how this happened and who else was in the running for this role lol.

Terri Columbino is doing a great job so far and I'm not seeing Katie at all which shocked me. That was her only major soap role, but she's proving what a talented actress she is. I think she'll fit right in. nuJoey is great, which didn't surprise me since I LOVED him on ATWT. He was the last great hope of the Hughes family and the way they wrote him off was so stupid and really helped kill that story. He gave story to so many characters there.

Hopefully the show sees what they have and give him a shot. LOVE his chemistry with Viki! :P

Archived