Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nice, that is pretty interesting - I didn't realise Paul's office was in Newman Towers. Wasn't it some dump of a place originally? 

Katherine had two maids before Esther - Theresa (seen here) and Ruth. Ruth is first mentioned around 1975 (I assume Theresa probably vanished around 74 or 75) Ruth was fired when Jill had originally planned to give Phillip to Kay in 1976 and Kay was going to sell the house and move to Europe. As far as I know Liz was her only employee seen onscreen until Esther showed up in April 1982.

• Members

Wasn't Jeff played by either Ted Shackelford or Rod Arrants? I remember one of them being mentioned. I know it was someone well known. 

Yeah I think Kay had a big list of staff on the grounds. I am pretty sure she had cooks we never saw. 

Of course Jill had her own maid when she moved in around 98/99

• Members

Adding my thanks for the GC places post. A fun read.

I'd like to salute Mamie Johnson in this post. I know that she was probably paid well as housekeeper to the Abbott's but she sure earned that money.

Up early each day to prepare breakfast, then up to 4 beds to be made (can you see Jack or John tucking in sheets and I don't imagine the girls doing it either -maybe Traci (such a pleaser)

Washing/ironing and putting away clothes. Taking other stuff to the cleaners and grocery shopping. Keeping that huge house clean, arranging and supervising repairs.

Then preparing dinner and clearing all that up. Would it be 9pm before she was finished and had a chance to read a book or watch TV.

Did Mamie get weekends off?