Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

In the 1982 episodes Charles was in boarding school. Was Charles on screen in 1980?

I wonder why Bill Bell changed the name from Charles to Cole in 1993? Maybe he felt Charles was not a 1990s soap opera name 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I love the scene where Eve tries to stab Victor after he reveals he is alive. The men in white coats come to take her away. Eve acts as though she is going away on a little vacation. I wish I could remember the line she say's something like " Yes, that would be quite lovely"

• Members

Yes. I hope that scene turns up again. Margaret Mason was brilliant as crazy Eve. 

I remember one synopsis from 1980 said something like " The arrangement should work out fine, since they are both unwed mothers".....LOL Imagine that being printed today. 

• Members

Julia mentions Jack coming to see her later on in a conversation. She says Jack was the one who lured her back to Genoa City though a job at Jabot. Jack did know her during her modelling days. He and Jill worked on Michael Scott and Julia Newman's ad campaign. There was some slight cross over with Jill getting very briefly involved with the Newman story, partly through work and partly through Eve.

• Members

Seeing DA as Jill been nice.  But seeing her face off against Katherine was interesting.  I felt more sympathy for Jill than Katherine.  

Usually in Katherine and Jill scenes...I usually think both are at fault...so it was interesting seeing how changing an actor can change the dynamic of a feud.

With BD, Jill was colder and her fury was contained in cold and nasty putdowns.  Like Ice.

With DA, Jill seems more vulnerable..like a wounded bird.  Effective technique imho

With JW, Jill is fiery and driven to emotional outbursts.

These different takes on Jill changed the dynamic between Jill and Katherine.