Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Just watched the first of the 1983 clips. Victor and Julia

Please register in order to view this content

!! And would it be too crude of me to say that I would just scoop Kevin in my arms and have my way with him? He is just so puppy-dog adorable! And he and Nikki are dynamite  

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kevin is adorable and a good singer too. Interesting that they seemed to have chem tested him with Ashley. And there was Allison's line about John Abbot having "two marriageable daughters." I thought they should have kept him around. I really love the whole Bancroft family storyline.

• Members

I havent watched 83 yet but i did see that kevin and ashley had scenes which i was shocked about i never knew they got chem tested i wonder how that went.

I also think kevin would have been great on the show moving forward, im surprised they never brought him back on ever again.

• Members

I don't think anything further happened with Kevin and Ashley other than those scenes at the Newman Towers construction site and the Jabot lab. Not long after Ashley was paired with that chemist Brian but was another pairing that didn't last.

There was also a scene with Jack bringing flowers to Julia but I don't think anything came of that either. I wonder if Jack knew during Julia's Jabot modelling days that Julia was married to Victor. There was a scene where Victor mentioned Jabot and John Abbott so Victor knew of the Abbotts but Victor wasn't placed in the Abbotts orbit until 1984.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

It would have been interesting if back in those early days victor and jack were good friends or at least had respect for each other and then they entered into there own war that would go on for decades. I just think it would spice up there rivalry and something to maybe revisit if needed.

Ashley was soo damn beautiful when she started and basically still has almost the same face in 2020.

I seen those scenes with Jack/Julia and i remember reading that jack tried to get Julia into modeling and those times he had stories with diane,jill,patty and i swear if im correct gina also

• Members

Heads up everyone - our beloved mystery 1982 uploader has now switched to adding files to the adjacent 1983 folder.

Praying for at least a glimpse of Lauren’s debut from 1/25/83!

And please please please let us see Madame Mergeron’s dramatic entrance to the Abbott home!

• Members

Enjoyed the flashback Julia has to 1980-81(?) of when she and Vic split up after the Michael Scott fiasco.  Also enjoyed Jill & John's scenes on "023b", where Katherine goes off on Jill.  Can't say I was much of a D. Adair fan though.  I always felt her scenes fell a little flat.

• Members

I think Kevin Bancroft added a lot to the show, too.  But in hindsight, where he REALLY excelled was serving as a foil to Nikki & Victor's relationship.   Chris Holder played Kevin as such a dimwit, and Melody Thomas played Nikki as such a dimwit, and their marriage and silly fights were a very good light-hearted contrast to Eric Braeden's brooding vampire of a character.  

• Members

Yeah she's too nice, but the scene where she comes back in the green outfit, I have another snippet (literally a few seconds) from that scene where she says something like "I have everything I want and you have nothing" just that snippet showed me she could still do the more wicked part of Jill as well. Too bad we didn't get that whole scene.

Allison at the Bayou is hilarious. 

• Members

LOL There's actually a December 1982 clip floating around with Liz and Jill sitting in the Abbott living room and Jill lists everything that annoys her about the other Abbotts and she says "Patty does nothing but mope around"!

• Members

Is it me or does The Bayou look more like a honky tonk dive bar than a strip club? I guess I have this image of strip clubs through a 2020 lens, you know, the pole, dollar bills on the stage, VIP section with bottle service 

Come to think of it, Bill Bell writing Victor and Nikki's story starting at a strip club may be responsible for an entire generation of hip hop artists and NBA players that love strip clubs