Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

So having just watched Lorie’s last 1982 scenes - that was a PHENOMENAL exit. The letter writing/reading scene was pure perfection. I just sat there wishing I could write as good as her. And Bill Bell managed to bring out every single ounce of inner emotional conflict from both her and Victor. I know some people bag out 1982 as a naff year for Y&R, but scenes like that just reinforce why BB was an absolute master at his craft. Even that very last scene with Lucas where she should have felt over the moon but wasn’t - why don’t we get stuff like that nowadays? This is the kind of thing that got me hooked in the first place.

So once again to whomever has been uploading the 1982 stuff - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I always pictured her last scene how it was and it delivered the exact emotions that i thought i would see so im soo thankful for finally seeing this material.

Even though 82 was changing i still like all the stories from that year even if they got dropped, there was just this special magic about the show that it will never get back.

I was Just mentioning how great that scene was and to finally see lorie/Katherine/nikki all in one room ready to throw shade at each other was pure gold. I still think Lorie and Katherine fights would have been another exciting story aside from jill and Katherine fights.

• Members

Yeah, that version originally featured Stuart, Lorie, and Leslie in the first shot.  The camera focused on Leslie and then segued to Lance & Lucas.  It then faded to Liz and Jill; Liz was on our right, and Jill was on our left.  The camera focused in on Jill, and then segued to Brock, Kay and Derek.   They faded out and segued to Greg & Snapper.   Once Brenda Dickson left the show, Jill was "erased", leaving a solo shot of Liz.  

The closing credits that accompanied that version featured Vanessa, Casey, Nikki, and the new Chris (Lynn Topping).     

• Members

I agree about Lorie fitting right in at the ranch. If she had stayed on, I can picture a scene something like..... Lorie throws a surprise birthday party for Victor. Things get ugly when Lorie, Nikki and Katherine start to fight and starts slinging birthday cake in each others faces while Douglas half lit and amused looks on. Julia is there and tries to break things up and gets pulled into the brawl. 

• Members

It started out (in 1979) being the New Chris, as April wasn't on the show yet.   The New Chris was too new to make it into the opening, just the closing.  

Later on, the New Chris made it into the opening (in a shot with Snapper), and April was added to the closing in Chris's old spot.  That's my recollection.  

• Members

1982:  I'd forgotten this, but one of the biggest obstacles to Nikki and Victor's storyline (in my opinion) is how much CHEMISTRY Melody Thomas had with Chris Holder (Kevin Bancroft).   Their character interaction was always so comical to me, as Nikki was presented in 1982 as such a bubble-headed bimbo who makes one stupid mistake after another, then compounds each mistake with yet another, and Kevin was presented as such a bubble-headed yuppie who inadvertently falls right into her ridiculous traps in his noble (but brain-dead) efforts to do "the right thing" in every situation.  And Jeanne Cooper's Kay Chancellor is equally funny as the eye-rolling, outdone, world-weary matriarch trying to counsel those two air-headed children.