Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I do know John/Jill/Ashley went to Victor and Ashley's wedding..so it appeared they knew of one another on some level.

I think Victor and Jabot start interacting more in the fall of 1984 on a business level..but it's 1985 where the Jack/Nikki/Ashley/Victor takes off.

Ashley spent much of 1984 dealing with two men vying for her..while Jack is finishing his marriage to Patty and interacting with Lindsay..while Victor/Nikki deal with his mom coming into his life, etc.

Y & 4 was more like real life..everyone living in their own orbits and than poof..they interact.

• Members

Here's another obscure question - anyone know if little Jennifer Foster (Snapper and Chris' baby) was ever seen? In these '82 clips, she's not even mentioned, and she should have been walking and talking by then...

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

I read that Lynn Topping Richter (Chris) twins played Jennifer onscreen, but like you have never seen their daughter onscreen. I just watched some early 83 clips and Julia and Nikki are arguing over Victor. Eventually they became good friends. Rick Darros looks like he could be the brother to Michael Scott. Rick tells Allison he is a writer. Randy Holland who played Rick was a Y&R writer along with Meg Bennett (Julia). 

• Members

Katherine played it so wrong attacking Jill and making Jill sympathetic lol. Would have been smarter to let Jill prance around as people slowly find out she had slept with Phillip and had his child, and then they would all think poor Kay having to endure that. But Kay couldn't help herself!

• Members

Yeah I wish we had seen more about Kay's motives in that scene. She spends the whole time admitting she was a drunk who slept with stable boys and makes Jill seem saintly. Then attacks her, of course everyone is on Jill's side. Seems so out of character for Kay. She never took responsibility for things with Phillip

Also she seems almost scared to see Jill in that later scene when Jill comes to visit her

Edited by will81

• Members

Did anyone like the police corruption/mob storyline from 1982/1983? I get that action/adventure was a big thing on daytime in the 1980s but I find that this type of story doesn't really suit Y&R, it's more of a General Hospital or Days type of story. The 1980s trend Y&R did right was the Dallas/Dynasty influence with Victor, Jabot, and the Abbotts, as that set in motion Y&R as we know it today.

• Members

I liked it, and enjoyed the climax to the story at the "ranch".  One similar story I didn't like as well though was the Tyrone Jackson / Mr. Anthony story, where Tyrone was posing as a white guy by using make-up to infiltrate the syndicate.  Really?...  That story kind of "jumped the shark" I felt.