Jump to content

Y&R: Old Articles


Recommended Posts

@will81 From the lawsuit, we know Days needs money. Based on that, it’s insane Ken Corday doesn’t get Days streaming. You could put it on Peacock where it can get revenue due to the ads, or like The Doctors and do a fee where people pay to watch the episodes. People are insanely crazy about Days online. They’d easily make money doing something like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

@will81 From the lawsuit, we know Days needs money. Based on that, it’s insane Ken Corday doesn’t get Days streaming. You could put it on Peacock where it can get revenue due to the ads, or like The Doctors and do a fee where people pay to watch the episodes. People are insanely crazy about Days online. They’d easily make money doing something like that. 

I think Corday is actually desperate to do that from what I have heard from him. It seems it is NBC that isn't, and I am not sure if Corday has the option to shop the back catalogue around, but honestly if any shows back catalogue is going up, it will most likely be Days. Once Corday finds a way to do it. 

 

If Sony has digitized Y&R and B&B then they need to work with Corday and put all three shows up. I do think there is enough interest for a pay streaming service to offset costs, and even if they have to scrub some music, I will accept that to a certain point. 

 

As you mentioned The Doctors has done extremely well. Sometimes I feel like we are on the verge of getting more, just not sure when. The CBS reruns have done well enough to show enough people are interested. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris B said:

@will81 From the lawsuit, we know Days needs money. Based on that, it’s insane Ken Corday doesn’t get Days streaming. You could put it on Peacock where it can get revenue due to the ads, or like The Doctors and do a fee where people pay to watch the episodes. People are insanely crazy about Days online. They’d easily make money doing something like that. 

 

That's why Corday sued Sony - in an attempt to force their hand and actually do something to benefit DAYS. I agree with you wholeheartedly, I think DAYS would do well on Peacock. 

 

1 hour ago, will81 said:

I think Corday is actually desperate to do that from what I have heard from him. It seems it is NBC that isn't, and I am not sure if Corday has the option to shop the back catalogue around, but honestly if any shows back catalogue is going up, it will most likely be Days. Once Corday finds a way to do it. 

 

If Sony has digitized Y&R and B&B then they need to work with Corday and put all three shows up. I do think there is enough interest for a pay streaming service to offset costs, and even if they have to scrub some music, I will accept that to a certain point. 

 

As you mentioned The Doctors has done extremely well. Sometimes I feel like we are on the verge of getting more, just not sure when. The CBS reruns have done well enough to show enough people are interested. 

 

Sony has no role in B&B. That show is 100% owned by Bell-Phillip Television Productions Inc. 

 

It isn't NBC that controls the distribution of DAYS. Sony is the distributor, they market the show to all broadcasters - so it is ultimately Sony who negotiates with NBC for the broadcast rights to the show. Either Sony and NBC have got a deal with streaming, or the rights for streaming remain in limbo. 

 

If I were NBC, I'd be insisting on the DAYS episodes for Peacock. It really is a no-brainer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaytimeFan said:

 

That's why Corday sued Sony - in an attempt to force their hand and actually do something to benefit DAYS. I agree with you wholeheartedly, I think DAYS would do well on Peacock. 

 

 

Sony has no role in B&B. That show is 100% owned by Bell-Phillip Television Productions Inc. 

 

It isn't NBC that controls the distribution of DAYS. Sony is the distributor, they market the show to all broadcasters - so it is ultimately Sony who negotiates with NBC for the broadcast rights to the show. Either Sony and NBC have got a deal with streaming, or the rights for streaming remain in limbo. 

 

If I were NBC, I'd be insisting on the DAYS episodes for Peacock. It really is a no-brainer. 

Oh right, I knew that and totally flubbed, haha

 

Yeah I meant more NBC wasn't willing to or was holding out on streaming the show. I thought that was what Corday meant when he said NBC was not coming to the table. Not that they had any right to distribute, more they had the platform for it, and I was wondering if Corday through Sony has the right to shop a deal around or not. Thanks for clearing that up though

Edited by will81
Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder if we’ll ever see box set-style curated stories, like a few episodes detailing Marlena’s possession or a series highlighting the Bo/Hope romance, which may actually be a much better bingeing experience. They’d likely have to deal with some music replacement stuff, but at least it wouldn’t be such a gargantuan task for so little payoff. They’d never get a license fee to cover the costs of remastering and dealing with rights for thousands of episodes, especially with ‘80s episodes where there was so much popular music.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, someone is uploading a bunch of partial episodes and clips from 1982. Check out the soap vault (I don't know how to link it, sorry but link is in @ChickenNuggetz92signature) in Y&R - clips - 1982. So far full of stuff I haven't seen from early 1982.

 

Sorry for some reason every time I try to link to it, it never works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, will81 said:

Hey everyone, someone is uploading a bunch of partial episodes and clips from 1982. Check out the soap vault (I don't know how to link it, sorry but link is in @ChickenNuggetz92signature) in Y&R - clips - 1982. So far full of stuff I haven't seen from early 1982.

 

Sorry for some reason every time I try to link to it, it never works.

Thank you soo much i have been trying to keep up with it but im happy someone finally put them in.

 

I've been seeing some of the scenes ive never seen before and i was trying to figure out who was greg but im use to the one who dated nikki i forgot his name.

 

Also karen is sort of interesting, I've always wondered if lucas left town with her, also seeing jack and patty history is amazing cause it gives people an idea of what there relationship was about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those clips are awesome... a HUGE thank you to whoever is our mysterious benefactor! It looks like it has Jerry Douglas' debut, Paul & Kay's first scenes together, and the scene where Allison Bancroft brings out a life size cut out of Nikki stripping... I've wanted to see that forever! 😅

 

@ltm1997 check it out!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Thank you soo much i have been trying to keep up with it but im happy someone finally put them in.

 

I've been seeing some of the scenes ive never seen before and i was trying to figure out who was greg but im use to the one who dated nikki i forgot his name.

 

Also karen is sort of interesting, I've always wondered if lucas left town with her, also seeing jack and patty history is amazing cause it gives people an idea of what there relationship was about.

Also the first episode in there from early March (I think around March 1 - 5)!!!! the end of April/Barb/Dorothy and Wayne

 

Poor Cash, I actually felt so bad for him. 

 

The first episode posted is a full one too

 

Howard McGillan took over for Wings Hauser who was the Greg married to Nikki

 

ETA: Lol at Liz "Setting to be married"

Kay "Is that a bad thing?"

Liz "You've been married three times already"

Edited by will81
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, will81 said:

Also the first episode in there from early March (I think around March 1 - 5)!!!! the end of April/Barb/Dorothy and Wayne

 

Poor Cash, I actually felt so bad for him. 

 

 

 

It's so funny I had never even heard of Barbara/Dorothy/Wayne until that 1981 classic that just popped up and now I actually get to see the outcome!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BoldRestless said:

 

It's so funny I had never even heard of Barbara/Dorothy/Wayne until that 1981 classic that just popped up and now I actually get to see the outcome!

 

 

 

From what I understand Barbara either trafficked drugs or stole money from people who did or something like that. Hence the nose job in that 1981 ep, she was on the run. Pretty sure it was a dropped plot point. Bell kinda fumbled through this family and then shipped them off. Despite Y&R being a bit of a mess 80 - 82, still loving these episodes

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a boring time modern fans have had.  Nikki was a stripper.  On camera.  She and Paul were in a cult.  Victor had a man in a cage.  Vanessa went through years of unhinged behavior, culminating in framing her soon to be daughter-in-law for her murder by throwing herself off the balcony.  Affairs galore- my favorite being Kay mailing the cut up photos of Jack and Jill to John.  It’s just so boring now.  Take a chance!  If Bill Bell wasn’t ashamed of soaps, why should anyone else be?

 

If the show had the guts the older version had, maybe one of these young leads might have made gay for pay porn and are desperate to hide it, ending up being blackmailed into escorting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The remote scenes with Lucas searching for Brooks on the lake are super high-budget and very well-produced! though sadly would be Dennis Cole and Andre Gower's last hurrah, with Tom Ligon and Victoria Mallory not far after...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

The remote scenes with Lucas searching for Brooks on the lake are super high-budget and very well-produced! though sadly would be Dennis Cole and Andre Gower's last hurrah, with Tom Ligon and Victoria Mallory not far after...

As a side note: I had found an article (now lost) that stated Andre stepped in as Brooks for the episodes where Leslie takes Brooks to the circus, I think in 1981. The boy who had been in the role broke his arm or something and Gower stepped in and I guess continued in the role. I wish I could find this.

 

Does anyone have the SOD issue that had an article on the circus BTS. Just to confirm if Gower was in the role? Most of my 1981 issues are gone and it doesn't seem to be posted on the tumblr site that I could see

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yrfan1983 said:

The remote scenes with Lucas searching for Brooks on the lake are super high-budget and very well-produced! though sadly would be Dennis Cole and Andre Gower's last hurrah, with Tom Ligon and Victoria Mallory not far after...

 

I always liked Tom Ligon as Lucas.  Too bad he didn't stick around longer.  The girl who played Lorie too.  She was very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.