DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

On 7/10/2020 at 4:47 PM, anon4520 said:

hi all new here love this group added to the 2001 folder enjoy 7 eps

Those 2001 episodes you added contain Matt Clark/Carter Mills story line i've been looking for so hard to find. Thank you for being so generous 😛

On 7/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

Hey everyone! I'm beginning the process of backing up the OneDrive locally in case anything happens to the account. I'll be doing this periodically (I'm thinking monthly).

I will be adding to my signature a "Date Last Backed Up" section so in the event I have to migrate the files to another server, it'll be easy to see at which point some pieces went missing.

Thank you everyone on here for contributing to the Vault as we affectionately call it. With everyone's cooperation we are one step closer to having one of the biggest shareable Y&R collections that can be accessed online. :) :) 

Thank you for the nuggets from the past. 

I'm really enjoying all the old clips from the 70s. I hope more clips from this era pop up. 

On 4/26/2020 at 8:00 PM, All My Shadows said:

I think the first episode is fabulous and a true testament to how soaps were written then. Even though Bill used Y&R to usher in many changes to how daytime looked and sounded (just compare this to Papa Bauer's death/funeral on GL from just under two months earlier), he was still a practitioner of slow-moving soap opera that was not at all about jumping up and grabbing a viewer out of his/her seat with the very episode. The idea is that if the viewer had patient and endurance, they would be rewarded beyond measure once a story hit its climax. The writer had to know just when to release the drama - not too soon and not too late. We'll never see anything like it ever again.

It's always funny to see the show that would become the polished, elegant Y&R begin literally within the context of the mid-70s trucker obsession. That original premise, though, of a family of four grown-up daughters and the conflicts among them all was excellent. I'd do nearly anything to watch the first 7 years.

Yes i agree it seems like in those days with the little technology they had in the 70's found a way to make the show soo relevant with there awareness storylines and different turns and changes with the whole economy of the show.

We can say definitely say the Brooks girls were developed nobody was left out and even with the fosters they were developed, even though later greg and snapper bounced jill has always a key member that will go on for decades.

I still wonder why bill kept her and not certain other that might have had some good story? Jill must have been meant as one of characters that's connected to the new and old and that's sort of how u keep history talking lol.

On 7/10/2020 at 5:31 PM, anon4520 said:

2009 just got a lot bigger enjoy my friends happy Friday keep checking that folder for the next few days 

Would you have either of these Y&R episodes?

August 11, 2004 - Cameron Kirsten/Nick/Sharon on the plane

August 12, 2004 - Cameron Kirsten is arrested

1 hour ago, fivethej said:

Would you have either of these Y&R episodes?

August 11, 2004 - Cameron Kirsten/Nick/Sharon on the plane

August 12, 2004 - Cameron Kirsten is arrested

Ive been looking for that entire story myself there was a youtube channel that almost had the new years storyline complete with Sharon and Cameron and then got shut down I was so greatful to her for posting maybe shes here someplace?

One of the YouTube channels (R, I think) that just got deleted this week had a few Cameron and Sharon scenes in near HD quality. Screw Sony/CBS.

4 hours ago, EllenP said:

One of the YouTube channels (R, I think) that just got deleted this week had a few Cameron and Sharon scenes in near HD quality. Screw Sony/CBS.

Damn!!! He had a lot of 2003 episodes the whole Safra/Tuvia wars with Nick turning Victor in. Why can't they just put up old episodes on CBS.com its annoying

11 hours ago, EllenP said:

The Vault saved most of the content from that Youtube channel.

12 hours ago, anon4520 said:

Ive been looking for that entire story myself there was a youtube channel that almost had the new years storyline complete with Sharon and Cameron and then got shut down I was so greatful to her for posting maybe shes here someplace?

How long ago was that youtube channel? Was it recently?

9 hours ago, fivethej said:

The Vault saved most of the content from that Youtube channel.

How long ago was that youtube channel? Was it recently?

yes like last week :(

On 7/15/2020 at 3:29 PM, anon4520 said:

yes like last week :(

I just seen the line up for next weeks episodes, monday they are showing 2 30 mins episodes of the first and second finally lol ive seen the first episode many times but the second ive always been. Curious about.

Also they are show the 1984 episode where Katherine has her facelift, the. It said cricket and her modeling gig at habit.cant Can't lie im still shocked to see cricket on soo earlier then 1986.

Can anyone fill in the 1992 gaps for me? 

I think the last episode I saw of the Victor/Nikki/Jack triangle was Jack overhearing Nikki say that she'll always love Victor. Then I think the next available 1991 episode that's available is Nikki going to talk to Jack who is staying at Ashley's because he moved out. After that we see them back together. What transpired in between? Is that when Jack saved Victoria?