Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thank you for that detailed summary @will81! Before I read your commentary at the end I was going to replying how much I didn't like any of that. Sounds petty and like they didn't have much story to tell for either John or Jill so they threw them into whatever that was. 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Fall 1994 through to the beginning of 1996 was when Nick and Sharon ate the show. I remember JC ranting to the soap press in that period about her lack of story, the focus on the younger cast members, and the male backside scenes. If I only I could find her interviews from that period.

• Members

She first left in the fall of 1989 but then came back in late summer/early autumn 1990 before leaving again late summer 1992, with short term returns in 93, ‘94, and 96. 

I had wondered why Traci was never recast but by the time Traci was leaving out in the early 90’s with so many ladies like Nina, Christine, Dru, Olivia, and Victoria in play the character Traci had been eclipsed.

• Members

Traci left town around May/Jun 87 for about six months. The character went to Stamford. Jack went to visit her around thanksgiving to pursuade her to return for Christmas.

Traci left again with Tim Sullivan in Dec 89 and returned solo in Sep 90, just as Ashley was about say yes or no to Brad's proposal

Traci left with Colleen in Aug 92 for NYC, but I think she was on recurring or still on contract and appeared sporadically before returning in Jan 1993. I can't remember when she left, but she was there in early 1994 for the whole Brad's heart attack story and left shortly after that around summer 94 (I think June 94 but not sure). She returned around Feb/Mar 1995 when John had his heart attack but left within a month or so and returned again in Spring 96 when Dina returned, but again it was a short return. 

Edited by will81

• Members

Have seen this a few times and had no idea Stephanie was in this, just amazing, there is also footage from the Today show from 1980 as well. Thanks for sharing

I thought Monica was there very briefly, like a few weeks or less, they apparently wanted her back but there was some sort of miscommunication that occured. 

Here is the first mention I could find of her from July 10, 1994

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by will81

• Members

Here is another one. I could not find anything about Heidi Marks other than this, but Monica Potter was on from around the week of June 27, 1994 and Sharon Case from probably early Aug, it would seem neither Potter or Marks were on for very long. 

I will check my 1994 SOD issues and see if they had anything in more detail.

This article is from Aug 26, 1994

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by will81