Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thanks for sharing anyway. I like to see episodes regardless of quality, so I am glad you decided to share. Gives a good idea of who appeared and what the story focus was, even if we can't hear them. But then I watch the German episodes and can't speak German, so I guess I really love Y&R, haha

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Theresa ,Kay's original  maid as seen in that clip where Jill brings Katherine home was played by Ann(e)?Morrison.

She continued on through 1974 at least.

When the fight over the house happened in the late 90's , wasn't some previous servant brought on to verify that Phillip left the house to Jill?

I don't think it was Theresa, but it would have been cool  if she was brought back?

How (if at all) was Theresa dropped?

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

They mentioned another maid named Ruth ? around 1975. Liz Foster took a job as the cook and did some of the maid work. It mentioned Katherine was a hard task master with Liz when she started. I wonder if she threw trays and griped about the food being slop etc... ? Little did Kay know when she hired Liz that she would turn out to be one her best friends (even though she hated her daughter Jill). 

• Members

I don’t remember her appearing at all during those years, she might have popped up in ‘03 but if she did I missed it. Colleen left in the spring of ‘04 but came back to visit for Christmas. The first time I remember seeing Traci again since her 01/02 appearances was definitely in early 06 when John left to go to jail.

• Members

They were on and off dating between 90 - 93 until they re-married. They just sort of reconnected. John felt Jill had changed and Jill was doing everything in her power to show she had changed. There really wasn't any other explanation. Jack was opposed to the union, but felt okay about it as John had originally decided on having a pre-nuptial agreement, but when Jack gave Jill a hard time about the pre-nup, John impulsively married Jill without one in Jan 93. 

They had problems all along. Jill wanted to have a baby, John didn't. Jill got pregnant anyway, John told her to get an abortion. She pretended to, but didn't. John was livid, but once Billy was born in July 1993, John accepted him and everything was fine until John became impotent. Instead of working through it, he pushed Jill away. Jill eventually had a pretty hot affair with Jed Sanders and intended to divorce John in 1994. She wanted custody, so did he. So they went to court, Jill got temporary custody, but John demanded both Jill and Billy stay in the Abbott home, Jill agreed for Billy. The court case continued and Jill was losing, then John out of nowhere decided he was in love with Maimie, kissed her and they made secret plans to go away together, but John had a heart attack and forgot everything. Mamie told everyone, but only Dru and Olivia believed her. Jill used the opportunity to tell John they were having issues but were trying to work through them. They halted the divorce. Eventually Jill paid off Maime, who left town. John regained his memory and the divorce was back on. Maime returned to town but gave up on John (can't really remember the full details) and left town again. 

Jill and John's divorce continued, Dina returned, Jill saw her as a threat and ran her out of town. John and Jill were at each others throats. Victor stepped in and Jill threatened him. Victor was shot and Jill was the main suspect, but as we all know it was Mari Jo. At some point they decided it was best for Billy if Jill stayed living at the Abbott's for Billy's sake, but John demanded neither of them were to date other people. Pretty sure the divorce was finally wrapped up in 1996

I am pretty sure John got custody of Billy and left town for NYC at some point somewhere between 96 - 97 or so. Jill moved on with Keith Dennison until Kay messed that up and Jill ended up living with Kay and the whole Chancellor estate story took off.

I may have left some stuff out, but that was mostly it. I really didn't like the story, especially how they threw Maime away like nothing. It was rather humiliating and out of nowhere. Jill was also being written badly through this time as well. John was particularly vindictive, so was Maime. The whole things was a mess, but I hated all the stories given to the Abbotts back then. Jack's being a Vietnam vet, Ashley and the evil twin story. Late 1994 to Late 1997 was not a great period for the show.

Edited by will81