Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lol Neil has such a "my bride walking down the aisle" look in one of the thumbnails I just assumed it was theirs. 

I remember that. I'm really surprised MAB didn't pick up on that thread and make Nina's father either a sitcom star or someone totally unrealistic like John Abbott.

• Members

One thing ill give flo is she was believable, something hard to find from a lot of actors on this particular show lol, Do you know how long flo stayed i heard she stayed no longer then 2000 cause nina was pretty much on her way out.

• Members

I miss Miguel and Mamie and Lynn, they added so much to the fabric of the show and were a great writing device. You don't want your principals characters have the same conversation for the 100th time? Have them talk to one of their employees/friends and also recap for the audience. They served a purpose. Now we have main characters talking in literal circles for weeks on end because the only outlet they have is their love interest du jour.

• Members

Same with sheilas mom, and Alice mother as well we hardly have any supportive mom's for the younger set now.

I thought they would do this bringing in celeste for lola but that was sort of dropped, this is why should not have killed off diane be a use that would have been nice for kyle and im sure diane would have still had her own storyline if she was on.

• Members

It seems to be a budget thing dropping all those supporting characters but surely an occasional appearance by a recurring character would be doable.

Just drop Kevin again and use that money.

Same with servants. Someone at the Newmans and Abbotts - they don't even have to be speaking parts...

• Members

I think Flo was still around in October 1997 when Nina had a breakdown, went missing and then threatened Tricia and Ryan with a gun, only to end up being shot herself. By that point Flo's sole purpose seemed to be to look after Little Phillip (Chance) while Nina and Ryan were having their dramas.

**Edit I left this page open for several hours before posting and since then other people have pretty said the same thing lol**

Edited by Dion

• Members

I wonder why EB wouldn't submit his name for the Lead Actor Emmy. I don't remember him mentioning much about the Emmys in his book. 1998 was his 5th nomination and I was getting scared that he was approaching Susan Lucci losing streak territory. EB didn't get a People cover story when his streak was over though.

You should get a medal 

The 1992 episode has a Nikki/Katherine scene, so MTS must have squashed her beef w/ JC by then. From what I could tell based on what was onscreen and what I've read, the MTS/JC beef was from 1990-1992.

Edited by kalbir