Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

WTF? After all these years? Damn that sucks. Maybe everything would be better suited on a One Drive. 

Oddly that does make sense as I’ve seen a lot of soaps posted without their intro included...unless you’re a cancelled P&G soap of course where one can just upload whatever they please. 

• Members

From what I have gathered, Irna considered Bill her right hand man and they worked together on ATWT, OPW and AW.

Maybe the feeling was that at some point, Irna would 'gift' a show to Bill. Perhaps co-creating was a step towards that but AW wasn't a great experience.

So when Bill was approached to take on Days it was obviously tempting. Maybe the fact that the show was up and running but not really established was appealing and he was offered free reign.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I've already trimmed the intro out in some of the videos and it seems to be working, but now it just makes it look awkward when there's a jump between the last first segment scene into the second segment after the intro. I'm still going to upload the new 1991 I got to YT, even if it gets blocked, but I'm thinking everything will be going into the fault.

• Members

Thanks for that. I'm not sure if I watched this particular episode back in the day, but I do remember seeing Nathan confront Dru and Jack rescuing pre-soras Victoria from the pool so I am pretty sure I've seen the episode after this.

I think this was Victoria's last major incident as a child before being shipped off to that magical Swiss boarding school and coming back as Heather Tom about six or seven months later lol.

• Members

Wasn't there an interview with Bill Bell where he said Ted Corday basically on his death bed asked him to save his show ? Corday died in 1966. Ken talked about the barbaric cancer treatments at the time where they would zap his father with radiation, pack him in ice and bring him back to the house, carry him up the stairs and put him into bed.